USAF Flightline

Started by tigercat2, January 14, 2006, 11:38:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigercat2

Mid 60s, the USAF purchased about 1000 F-106s instead of F-4s, and uses them for a variety of duties.  Also lurking in the background is a visitor, an Avro F-112 (the tri-service designation never happened.  

Wes W

Eddie M.

Excellent job! B) That's one of my fav jets and you did some great work :)
Bravo Zulu!
    Eddie
Look behind you!

Captain Canada

QuoteThat's one of my fav jets and you did some great work :)
Yes, the Arrow is one of my favourite jets too, Eddie !

;)

Great work...keep 'em coming !

Funny how much longer the 106 looks with that camo and the sharks mouth...or is it just me ?
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

anthonyp

Those are some neat looking planes!  I'm always surprised at how large the F-106 really is.  I gotta stop building Eurofighters and Mirages; makes me think all deltas are dinky...

Good job!

:cheers:  :cheers:  
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

John Howling Mouse

Oh....the camo....mmmmmmm  <having a moment over here>

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Scale, please?
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Ollie

K5054NZ

I love the camo Dart. It looks brilliant, absolutely brilliant!!! :wub: Makes me want one?

The Rat

SUHWEEEEEEYEEEEEET!  :wub:  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

dexter059

Great work on both F-106´s

cheers :cheers:  

Brian da Basher

Those are some sweet 106's Wes! I particularly like that black one! Those sharks' mouths are a great addition to the scheme too!

Brian da Basher

nev

Whats the deal with the black Seymour Johnson bird?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

tigercat2

QuoteWhats the deal with the black Seymour Johnson bird?
I had the decals to use, and thought that perhaps in this What if world, the Wing at SJ flew 106s in the fighter bomber role - there is an LGB (from a B-57G) on the inner (drop tank) pylon, a 500 lb bomb on the outer pylon (added), and the missile bay contains 6 750lb bombs.  This would be an F-106E, perhaps, and I wanted to see how it looked in black.  Perhaps an F118 engine has replaced the J-75, as in the U-2S.

Wes W.

Sisko

Wow you've leap out of the blocks with some fantastic whifs!!!
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

elmayerle

Gorgeous, all three of them.  And it'd more likely be a F110 than a F118 as the F118 doesn't have an afterburner and, really, is highly derivative of the F110.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin