Fury and Thud what if

Started by tigercat2, January 14, 2006, 12:20:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigercat2

FJ-4B Fury with decals from Roundels of the World (don't remember which ones - ex USMC Fury given to a small country) and a Thud with markings from an F-100 unit (this was one of the 14 Wings programmed to get Thuds in the 60s - in reality only 7 got Thuds, the other 7 got F-4s).

BTW the decal sheet Roundels of the World is great - I have the first two releases, all from countries in  Africa, and these decals lend themselves very well to our what if world.

Wes W.

Captain Canada

Beauty !

Love the old style ( or are they Russian ? ) bombs on the Fury....the Thud looks like a real one to me, as I don't know much about US units.

Also liking the 106s behind...and that Arrow !

Where have you been lately ? AnthonyP has stolen the crown of 'most prolific what if builder' from you in your absence !

:P  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

tigercat2

Where have I been lately - I guess building these and others!!

Wes W

tigercat2

And these.... I like F-8s, Thuds and Sixes

Wes W.

dexter059

Nice collection there! Like the F-106 in 2 tones of camouflage.... and those Thuds rocks, leve that plane :wub: Maybe could share some detail pics, y´know?

cheers :cheers:  

anthonyp

That's a sweet little Fury.  Like Toad asked, what are the bombs mounted on it?

I agree with you on the Zotz decals, they are excellant for WiFfing.

Nice collection of planes ya got there!  Put's mine to shame... of course, most of mine are in storage at the moment.  Always love 106's, Arrows, 102's, and (GASP!!) is that a 171st FIS F-4 hiding in the second pic?!   :wub:  :wub:   Gotta love the Six-Pack!

And I do not claim the title of most prolific WiF builder, comrades, I mearly do my part for Rodina and Party!!

:cheers:  :cheers:  
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

tigercat2

Here is a wide shot of some of the collection - I have built the majority of these in the last 2 years, in between work, schoolwork and family duties.  Many more in 'flyable storage" in boxes upstairs.  My oldest completed kit is a 1/72 Lindbergh DO-335 that I built in March 1969.  It still looks great - paint and decals are doing fine after all these years!!

More detailed shots soon.

Wes W.

Iranian F-14A

The markings on the Fury are Zambia,a small country in Africa.They currently fly IAI upgraded Mig-21s in the fighter role.Nice look on the Fury though.I'm sure it would have given Mig-17s from the area a run for their money.
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face forever-1984
Current projects:
BAe EAP
OH-58F Kiowa Warrior
S-70C Civilian Hawk
HAL Light Combat Helicopter
S-64 Skycrane Firefighter

John Howling Mouse

Holy FINISHED styrene, Batman!

Most impressive collection of work you have there.
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Jeffry Fontaine

Perhaps I can shed a little light on the bomb question.  Those are supposed to be 500 pound general purpose bombs with the standard box fin assembly.  This was the same basic bomb shape that was used during WWII, Korea, and Vietnam.  The basic bomb shape went through many different modifications some were visible, others were internal and with time even the box fin assembly was changed to a conical assembly that resembled the later Mk 80 series and M117 series general purpose bombs.  

Sales of aircraft to other countries would in some cases include ordnance that was cleared for carriage by that particular aircraft and in the case of the Fury, it came along during the transition from the older box fin bombs to the later models that were equipped with the conical fin assemblies so mounting that style of bomb on the Fury is actually quite correct.  

Hope that answers your question.  
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

K5054NZ

:o  :o  :o  :o

I. Don't. Believe. It.

You, sir, are a revelation! 3 BLACKBIRDS? How many Thuds, Darts and evrything? WOW!

Brian da Basher

Wes that Fury is one impressive build! I just love those alternative markings and retro-looking bombs are soooo right on it! Awesome work! I'd love to see that Do-335 from 1969.

Brian da Basher

Patrick H

Wow, quit a collection there, And you say you've build all that in only 2 years :blink:  :blink:   .
Would take me more then 2 years to fill only one shelf .

:cheers:

Patrick
My webpage

The engines spit out fire, I'm pushed back in my chair
The pressure gives me thrills as we climb in the air

Dork the kit slayer

QuoteHoly FINISHED styrene, Batman!

Most impressive collection of work you have there.
Da  mouse is right! B)

Most impressive. Over how long were these completed? :wacko:  
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

tigercat2

Quote:o  :o  :o  :o

I. Don't. Believe. It.

You, sir, are a revelation! 3 BLACKBIRDS? How many Thuds, Darts and evrything? WOW!
At the moment, I have 11 Thuds (4 Bs, 3 Fs and 4 Ds), 13 F-8s (and one F8U-3), 6 106s, 9 F-4s and a bunch of other things, including several Scooters in this photo.  

Keeps me off the streets!!

Wes W.