D

new project: Scorpion and M35A2....

Started by dexter059, January 16, 2006, 07:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dexter059

Hi, just wanna share the project I´ll start tomorrow, it will be a what if scene of a chilean marines unit with Scorpion light tank and a M35A2 truck in peacekeeping mission in Haiti.  ;)

What if elements: neither of those are actually in use in that mission (only light LAV´s and other kind of trucks and jeeps), and will not be painted in UN white. Instead of Peacekeepers, will be a military peace enforcement under a UN resolution.....

news from the story and pics soon!

Cheers

Captain Canada

Great idea, Dex. As UN Peackeepers are no longer respected, they should all be combat units who might actually shoot first....
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

nev

But they'll still have blue berets right?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

dexter059

Culd be, but will have a UN flag along with the chilean one.....maybe an ambulance painted in white, to keep the tradition.....

cheers

dexter059

Here´s an update, have to do some little scratch on the Scorpion to fit the proper Chilean Marines version, which isn´t the one from the box (different antennas, boxes on the turret, place the MAG, modified the smoke granades launchers, add more tools, add the skirts of the amphib kit.....) and this is what have become. Be aware, firts real attempt of scratch, putty and sanding yet to be done.....)

Here are the pics

Hull

Turret

Almost ready

Cheers :cheers:

dexter059

here you got some new pics, primer and base color done, camo net placed in this step because I want to hide some things :P ,

cheers :tank:  

Hobbes

What scale is this, and which company is the Scorpion kit from?  

dexter059

Brian da Basher

Nice Dexter! I like the green and the camo net!

Brian da Basher

dexter059

Thanks Brian, the paint was custom mixed by myself....

now more pics the camo was done 4 colors: base green (tried to imitate forest green), matt black, desert yellow mixed with ocre and custom mixed leather brown

cheers!

Brian da Basher

Woah Dexter that camo job totally takes it to the next level! Excellent work sir!

Brian da Basher
:tank:  

lancer

WOW!!!! Dex, that is stunning. Awsome job sir.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

dexter059

Thanks Brian and Lancer ^_^ ....keeping the pace, now how it looks after oils were applied to simulate rust and heavy use, yet to get the paint chipped and drybrushing, details, bla bla bla...... :lol:

here you are:

cheers :cheers:  

Brian da Basher

Wow and double-wow Dexter! If I built armor, after seeing your stuff, I'd consider giving it up in favor of making sock puppets or something. Your work is of the highest quality!

Brian da Basher

Captain Canada

Looking good, Dex ! Neat little tanks, those.....

I kinda liked it in the all green, looked like the old CDN stuff.

:party:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?