Fire Fighting Helo

Started by Eddie M., January 18, 2006, 04:24:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie M.

A little test fit of of the rotors and the engines are on. The front of the engines need a bit of work still. :)
 Eddie
Look behind you!

elmayerle

Gorgeous, but would the engines need the cooled exhausts for fire-fighting duties?
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

lancer

First off, this has gotto be the best Apache I've ever seen. The colour scheme is simple but so striking it's amazing.

Second thing, Where are the flashing blue light going to go?? and, will the siren go ne naw ne naw or wooo wooo ????  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Sorry, I'm in a silly mood this morning.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Ollie

and, will the siren go ne naw ne naw or wooo wooo ????  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

You mean the siren going "too late, too late, too late...!"

:P

Nice job Eddie!

:wub:  

cthulhu77

Loving it !  Simply loving it !

Brian da Basher

Another beaut there Eddie! Gotta agree with Lancer....you should put a siren on it! Maybe even a visi-bar...

Brian da Basher

Captain Canada

Wow, Eddie...looking good ! Love the shot of the rotor head, with the subtle weathering...looks like a big piece of metal. I also like Zac's "Miller Modelworks" idea, sounds pretty catchy !

Maybe the exhasut coolers are really spark arrestors, to coform with CA stringent enviro-laws !

In envy of your production, buddy...keep it up !

Toad

:wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Eddie M.

QuoteGorgeous, but would the engines need the cooled exhausts for fire-fighting duties?
I thought about it and I don't think it would make a difference. I bet the down draft would be some thing to worry about in the wrong situation. I'm going to install the rocket canisters to start back burns in rough landscape senerios.
   Eddie
Look behind you!

elmayerle

I was thinking more along the lines of removing equipment that wasn't needed for the mission and just added weight and complexity.  Still, I could see circumstances where the cooled exhausts would be useful.

cthulhu77

Like the idea of a siren and flashing light bar...put it where the hot brick normally goes !

K5054NZ

Next update coming soon, brought to you by Miller's Modelworks - We Bash Anything Anytime!

Eddie M.

Just to show I've been working on this monster, here's the main gear after a bit of weathering. The canopy has been painted and should be ready for pix tomorrow. :)
 Eddie

Look behind you!

K5054NZ

elmayerle

So tell me, are you going to add the little details, like the small items that stand on top of each engine nacelle?  You really, they're there for an important purpose unrelated to what the helicopter does.

Eddie M.

QuoteSo tell me, are you going to add the little details, like the small items that stand on top of each engine nacelle?  You really, they're there for an important purpose unrelated to what the helicopter does.
This kit doesn't provide the items you're speaking of (and since I'm not "helo guy", I don't know what those things should be), so I'll have to search out some reference material to see if I can do it myself. :)
   Eddie  
Look behind you!