Fire Fighting Helo

Started by Eddie M., January 18, 2006, 04:24:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie M.

I got the transmission covers fixed and in place. I added the screen and tail rotor control rods. They're probably not in the right place( the "guts" of the assembly were already glued it place), but that was the hand that was dealt to me and I had to go with it. I added the pin striping on the tail rotor blades for a little pazazz. :party:
  Eddie

Look behind you!

Brian da Basher

Lookin' sweet and hot there Eddie! You are a helo master sir!

Brian da Basher

John Howling Mouse

With the right outdoor background (i.e. at some airfield), you would have had me convinced that the tail rotor shot was of a real, full-sized aircraft.

Wow.  Keep it coming, Eddie!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Ollie

The fire will be severely fought with that baby!

Carry on Eddie!

:wub:  

K5054NZ

Yates Aviation (Miniatures Division) is a proud sponsor of the brilliant, stunning, incredible work being done by Miller's Modelworks.

I love it Ed! Keep up the fantastic work  :wub:  :wub:  

SimonR

What's your plan for the gun? WIll it be replaced by some sort of aim-able fire hose/fire suppressant dispenser?
Simon

This is the curse of speed;  I have been a slave to it all my life. On my gravestone they will carve 'It never got fast enough for me'.
Hunter S. Thompson

Gary

WOW!

ummmm sorry, tis the only thing I can think of to say.

Perhaps I should say it again then? Right,

WOW![/size]
Getting back into modeling

Patrick H

Certainately a diffrent looking chopper. Great work Eddy, keep going, we're all looking forward to the finished product

:cheers:

Patrick
My webpage

The engines spit out fire, I'm pushed back in my chair
The pressure gives me thrills as we climb in the air

Eddie M.

Thank you Everyone! B)  I'll be painting the rest of the tail rotor assem. black, so I took the pic before picture before it lost it's definition. The screen  came from the hardware store. It's replacement screen for faucet tips. :P Next, I've got to put a gloss coat for the weathering process. Keep your fingers crossed. :lol:
   Eddie  
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

QuoteWhat's your plan for the gun? WIll it be replaced by some sort of aim-able fire hose/fire suppressant dispenser?
I thought about that, but for a nozzle to be effective, you'd have to be close and the wind from the rotor wash would create more problems than it's worth. I am thinking of building  a separate tank to show it's water tank capabilities. Why, you ask? Cuz I just got a brand new conture gauge! :party: Gotta try it out, right? ;)
   Eddie
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

QuoteWith the right outdoor background (i.e. at some airfield), you would have had me convinced that the tail rotor shot was of a real, full-sized aircraft.

Wow.  Keep it coming, Eddie!
You got me thinking. I don't have an airfield, but I do have open sky. I did a test to see about using flash in the daytime. Brings out detail, but bleaches the color. At least from this distance from the camera. You people who have Photoshop, can those blades be blurred to show motion?

I sanded down to the rivets on a portion of the tail. Do they look better covered or highlighted? Now I wait for the clear coat to dry........
  Eddie

Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

You clever Texan, you!  A flash during daylight.  That first pic looks great!
Yes, the blades could be blurred using Photoshop but why not just have Mrs. Miller spin them while you take a pic?  

As for the rivets, what the hell do I know?

So, what are the little googlie-eyes going to be used for?  I'm getting scared now that you and I have the same oddball shop supplies so often!   :o  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

K5054NZ

Great stuff, Ed! BTW, googlie eyes + FH-64 = ?????????

elmayerle

QuoteYes, the blades could be blurred using Photoshop but why not just have Mrs. Miller spin them while you take a pic?  
Perhaps a small fan blowing on the tail rotor?  Seems to me to be the simplest approach.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Eddie M.

QuoteYou clever Texan, you!  A flash during daylight.  That first pic looks great!
Yes, the blades could be blurred using Photoshop but why not just have Mrs. Miller spin them while you take a pic?  

As for the rivets, what the hell do I know?

So, what are the little googlie-eyes going to be used for?  I'm getting scared now that you and I have the same oddball shop supplies so often!   :o
I cut the back off of the googlely eyes, remove the little"pupil" and the the clear part for lens covers. :D
  Eddie
Look behind you!