Storch/MS500

Started by cthulhu77, January 28, 2006, 07:31:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cthulhu77

Not much to do with such a boring colour scheme, but I'm trying:

Captain Canada

I had a Storch idea operating off the back of a boat in IndoChina....but it's now waaaay back in the que
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

cthulhu77

Hmmm...I might have to rip that idea off, if you don't mind!

K5054NZ

Gotta love Vietnam/Indo Chinese birds.....finding out they used Criquets was a revelation! That's some nice work Greg....

Eddie M.

I'm very interested in this. It is my opinion that the guys who flew those planes and fought in them had the real balls. You had to get up real close to kill your enemy back then...

Since I hear you're the "Rigging King" ;) , here's a project you could start, if you had a couple of years extra time. :lol:
  Eddie
http://w1.rob.com/pix/album33
Look behind you!

cthulhu77

Holy cow...where'd you find that one?????

Ollie

Our chief mechanic used to fly Criquets in Indochina, he would land in the rice paddies to pick up wounded and anything else...

:wub:  

K5054NZ

Greg, that was the triple-hydro-triplane  :wacko: , I think. No, seriously I think that's what it was called. It was Eyetalian, anyway.

Ollie, get this guy to share stories with us! And photos if poss.

NARSES2

I've seen that one before Eddie in a book I've got on "Daft" aircraft designs. Must try an dfind it as there are some stunners in there.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

cthulhu77

Decals are on...plane weathered and sealed with acrylic flat...now for the tricky part!

K5054NZ

Oooooooooooooooh I like. :wub:  :wub:  

cthulhu77

Canopy is in place and firmly attached using Krystal Kleer...a little bit of filler was needed, but the total fit of it isn't too bad.  Lots of weathering too!

Brian da Basher

Woah looking good Greg! I love what you've accomplished with the paintjob! It's a real treat to see one of those in French markings!

Brian da Basher

cthulhu77

getting closer...time to start on the base soon...

K5054NZ

What a great idea, Lee. I won't be using the engine from my Airfix chippie, and my LHS can get me a Storch.....AND i have lots of RAF© roundels.....