Skyrocket TF.IX

Started by SimonR, January 29, 2006, 10:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SimonR

And here we have a 27 Squadron SEAC Bristol Skyrocket TF.IX...

This is the Minicraft kit with weapons from the Tamiya Beaufighter and decals from Cutting Edge. I tried a new masking technique on this and it was a total disaster! Massive seepage and touch ups required.  
Simon

This is the curse of speed;  I have been a slave to it all my life. On my gravestone they will carve 'It never got fast enough for me'.
Hunter S. Thompson

philp

Love the camo on this one.
Nice job.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Brian da Basher

Simon that's excellent! I love it in that camo and Asian Commonwealth markings! That's one sweet Skyrocket!

Brian da Basher

SebastianP

With a name like "Skyrocket" I was expecting Douglas as the manufacturer. Not knowing a thing about WWII aircraf really, I gather this is actually a real aircraft with a new paint scheme?

SimonR

QuoteWith a name like "Skyrocket" I was expecting Douglas as the manufacturer. Not knowing a thing about WWII aircraf really, I gather this is actually a real aircraft with a new paint scheme?
The Skyrocket was a Grumman prototype that never made it into production:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XF5F_Skyrocket
Simon

This is the curse of speed;  I have been a slave to it all my life. On my gravestone they will carve 'It never got fast enough for me'.
Hunter S. Thompson

waynos

What a beautiful model! Now, either you already knew about the Bristol  F37/35,  which looks incredibly like the Douglas Skyrocket, or that is one of the greatest coincidences ever :D

Leigh

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

K5054NZ

Niiiiiiiiice! I wholeheartedly approve! :wub:  :wub:  

gooberliberation

QuoteI tried a new masking technique on this and it was a total disaster! Massive seepage and touch ups required.
Well it still looks better than my paintjobs at their best! :wub:  
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

NARSES2

One of my favourite airplanes in my favourite scheme - I'm in love  :wub:  :wub:

Stunning model

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

SimonR

QuoteWhat a beautiful model! Now, either you already knew about the Bristol  F37/35,  which looks incredibly like the Douglas Skyrocket, or that is one of the greatest coincidences ever :D
That's incredible! I didn't know about the F37/35. You're right, it's an amazing coincidence.
Simon

Hunter S. Thompson

Dork the kit slayer

Whats NOT to like about this.......gold star and a tick.....go to the top of the class. :cheers:  
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

lancer

Brilliant and beautiful  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

The Rat

The only pictures I've ever seen of that plane showed it in the old silver fuselage and yellow wing colours, and while I like those pre-war schemes it did nothing for that aircraft at all. Your treatment is exactly what it takes to make it attractive, nay, BEAUTIFUL!  :cheers:  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

NARSES2

Does anyone know if there's a 1/72 scale version of this readily available ?

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.