Okay, I'll be looking for a name again,

Started by The Rat, January 29, 2006, 12:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rat

Well, we know what it is, and we know who it is, but what's it going to wind up as? What's that on top, and what's that green thing?  :huh:

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Shasper

Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

cthulhu77

Leigh

Tea Cup
Wisp
Carousel
Thingy
Lunch pail

I'll get me coat......

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

Jack Bobson

Brian da Basher

Ok it used to be a Breguet Atlantic...

Hmmm...

Sargasso

Adriatic

Caribbean

If it was built by Breguet's German subsidiary it could be called the Nord See.

Brian da Basher

Eddie M.

Look behind you!

markm70

The Rat

As you've all probably guessed, it's a Breguet equivalent of the E-1 Tracer:

Probably sea grey over white, the good decals were used on the Calais model so I need to scrounge the bins. Aviation World has a couple of sheets of Aeronavale roundels in various sizes so that's an option. Lettering might be spurious but in 1/200th scale who's going to notice?

I don't think I'll go the twin-fin route, but I will be adding extras to the tips of the horizontal tailplanes.

Man, did this ever take a load of nose weight! 4 big split shot sinkers out of the tackle box, but as I plan on replacing all my tackle with bismuth sinkers that's a good thing anyway, better than all that lead winding up in a lake.  :)

Some good names so far, but what's a 'Monticule' Ollie? Certainly sounds Gallic enough.

Stay tuned!
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Ollie

A monticule is a little hump on the ground, such as where the pitcher stands in a baseball game.

waynos

Hmm, how about the Terrapin? (looks like a shell). Alternatively a bit of remodelling and you could call it the Avro 745 (ASW/MR predecessor of the 748 airliner)

dexter059

AeroplaneDriver

Cernnunos-

An ancient Gallic antlered hunter god, equivelant of the English-celtic Herne.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Scooterman