Main Menu

What to do,

Started by Glenn, February 05, 2006, 12:14:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

Three weeks ago, we had work done, to extend our patio. This meant that my work station was covered up, and a no go zone! While searching the web, I found an interesting model, that would be simple it make and thought I'd make a more advanced model of it.
I won't say what it is, as yet, but I will go and say it's a 'boat'

Scale 1/72
Fuselage length 7 inches
Suggested span 13 inches
Construction  bulkheads 2mm Evergreen/ sides .15 thou Evergreen sheet.
Enjoy,
  Glenn

AeroplaneDriver

I know what it's going to be!

It's HMS Queen Elizabeth after the politicians and budget monkeys are finished with her!
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

retro_seventies

"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

cthulhu77

Left?  LEFT??????  It must be an airplane!  (port)
      Interesting...an ironclad perhaps?

The Rat

QuoteLeft?  LEFT??????  It must be an airplane!  (port)
No no no, it looks like it says LEPT, Law Enforcement Patrol Torpedo. Some local constabulary really wants to keep the rivers safe.  ^_^  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Glenn

Sorry, I don't have a shot of her in between construction, but now she has a cockpit, (crew of 3) a top deck, walk strips, and markings for the sponsons. The third shot will show the hull.
Glenn

Glenn

Well, there's the hull finished. To date, the fuselage is finished, less canopy (haven't worked out what to use yet) and as is the wing. The engines will cause a problem too, but what's new!
Glenn

Brian da Basher

That's a very interesting project there Glenn...an early Sikorsky flying boat maybe? Whatever you've got planned, it's got me curious to see more!

Brian da Basher

Glenn

Well here is the fuselage complete, (well, less canopy) the wing is finished, and the engines started. I'll give you a clue, it has four engines, and two rudders.
Well, that's enough to be going on with!
Glenn

Brian da Basher

Wow Glenn that's coming along nicely! I'm having a blast trying to figure it out. The closest I can come is a Sikorsky S-42, but it seems the canopy is different. I love the progress you're making and it's got me scratching my head and thinking.

Brian da Basher

Brian da Basher

Another guess would be the Sikorsky S-40, but still, the canopy isn't right...

Brian da Basher

Brian da Basher

My last shot would be the Consolidated Commodore, but this one only has two engines, Ok, Glenn, I give! I'll just have to be patient.

Brian da Basher

Glenn

Brian,
  I'd love to make any of those Boats, but mine isn't even American!
Once you see the wing, 'the penny should drop', but that won't be for a while, need to 'down-load' the camera.
Another clue...........the model I'm making is from the Mk IX (also, never built) so mine will be a Mk. XI, just to be different.
Glenn

Glenn

OK Brian, here's the wing! It's 13 inches long, made from .75mm Evergreen, with inside ribs and two wire spars.
Next, the engines.
Glenn

Brian da Basher

Wow Glenn that's a great looking wing! The sweep-back has me totally puzzled and intrigued! I'm really enjoying watching this one come together!

Right now, my best guess would be that it's gonna have jet engines.

Brian da Basher