NOT another 109 or 209

Started by matrixone, February 05, 2006, 06:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

This is the 1/72 scale Huma Messerschmitt Me 309 I finished today.

I built this 309 as a T-tail version and marked it as a Reich defense a/c from JG 27.

Here are some pics shot today under clear skys but very windy conditions so I had to hurry my shots before anything was damaged.

I will post more pics of the Me 309 later this week as well as my other new model that is almost finished.

Matrixone  

Brian da Basher

Matrix that soooo totally rocks! I absolutely love it! The T-tail is a masterstroke!

Brian da Basher

Allan

Sigh!

Sterling work Matrix.

That unit making with the yellow jaguar or whatever it is just looks spiffing on anything, don't you think?

Allan in Canberra

K5054NZ

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: Another masterpiece Matrix! Well done!

matrixone

Thanks Brian and Allan!

I think the T-tail on this a/c looks ''right'' and gives this old design a modern look to it.
I have always liked the JG 27 emblem and can't remember building a model with one on it so I decided this model was as good as any to have those markings put on it.
This is my second Huma model in a row and I like the subject but the model was basic and not all that easy to build. The plastic Huma uses is a bit different than other kits that I am used to, it accepts glue O.K. but paint does not stick to it very well. I use Model Master enamels on all my models with no problem at all but the two Huma kits I just built had problems with some of the paint flaking off.

In a day or two I will post other pics of this model.

Matrixone

matrixone

Thanks Zac!

More pics in a day or two.

Matrixone  

Sisko

Nice job Matrixone.

I love huma kits have built heaps of them and have plenty to be built. They are easy to build and they look good straight from the box or enhanced.

Keep em comin.  
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Tophe

Congratulations for all, and most of all for the T-tail, bringing further harmony...
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

noxioux

Another nice one.  It looks a little odd, all standing up in the air like that, but that's just me.  I'm so used to seeing that shape as a tail dragger.  Very cool!

lancer

Outstanding as usual Matrix. The ME309 is one of my favourite Messershmitt designs. The T-tail unit looks good on her.  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

matrixone

Sisko, Tophe, noxioux, lancer, and NARSES2, Thanks for the comments!

Sisko,
This Huma Me 309 kit was easy to build because of the low parts count but a LOT of putty was needed on the wing to fuselage join and under the fuselage near the radiater. The Me 209 I built a few weeks back had a much better fit of the main parts, I suspect the Me 309 kit is one of Humas first efforts.

Matrixone

BlackOps

Yep, looks really good...and of course another excellent build :)

Jeff G.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

wolfik

yes.looks authentic.its one my favourite german projects/prototypes...will make it in 1/48 scale as a ...whatever else -_- ...treager version  :ph34r:

Gary

Ok, so the photoraphy is fantastic and the scene looks real. But what I can't get my head wrapped around is the beautiful paint job. I am staggered at the subtle mottle pattern and the seemingly multiple colours within it.

This is yet another example of why I love this website. The workmanship of all the builders is so amazing. It's so inspiring. Matrixone, please take this as a complement. You did the same thing again... perfection.  
Getting back into modeling