Started by Geoff_B, February 06, 2006, 02:03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sisko

YES! An Aussie version!

Have to go with that!
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Sisko

I forgot

Nice one Thorvic! What was it like to build? Easy or a real dog?
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Geoff_B

QuoteI forgot

Nice one Thorvic! What was it like to build? Easy or a real dog?
Builds not too bad actually, some of teh seams are a real pain and it helps to brace them internally to get a cleaner join. Apart form that pretty much OOB. Pylons are off the Mirage 2000D and the centreline one off the Mirage F-1 to give a nice healthy loading.

Would be nice to see an updated kit with a new under fuselage without the bomb recess for the recon or the later SMTP armed versions.

An OZ one is being considered by a few people here including myself, but after getting the Musshroom Models book on the Mirage IIIO it give alot of ideas for decent camo rather than the SEA or Gunship Grey schemes carried by the F-111C (Excellent book BTW - every Mirage IIIO scheme including photos, profile art and colours  :D )

G

anthonyp

Those be some nice models!  I've got a couple ideas for South African planes bounding about my brain at the moment, and now have the decals to actually pull most of them off.

:cheers:  :cheers:  
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

gunfighter

Very impressive jet, the Mirage IVA. I wish it had achieved a greater export success, maybe a long range force projection for Israel 25 years before Strike Eagle arrival.
In South African service, some aircraft could had been converted into maritime patrol/ naval strike role after withdrawal of nuclear capability in the 90´s. White and blue scheme, centerline fuel tank and 2 / 4 exocet or torpedoes under the wings. That´s a little more than a Buccaneer!!!

Geoff_B

Hmmn well apparently it confused a few people today at Huddersfield as it was with the SAAF What-If table on the other side of the hall to our What-If tables. Hopefully Roger the Cabin Boy will be able to explain what happened as he was manning thge table as part of his SAAF SIG.

G