F/A-25 Preybird

Started by Shasper, February 06, 2006, 05:40:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shasper

As discussed here:UCAV thread, the F/A-25 is a slightly altered & reworked Bird of Prey A/C. Powered by a GE F-414 -120NB engine, with a MM Wave radar & boresight IRST. 2 CTFs mounted on the dorsal, and 2 jettonsenable weapons pods on the underside.

Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Tophe

A weird bird turned even weirder...
(and it could be built 1/72, see http://www.geocities.com/unicraftmodels/on/bop/bop.htm )
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

elmayerle

'Bout the only thing I'd change is the radar.  That installation would reduce the LO aspects of the UCAV.  Take a leaf from another program that's been out there and use a long, narrow, antenne behind the existing leading edge; the contoured "radome" extending back far enough to allow a 6 inch wide antenna.

No, I'm not saying what program. ;)
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

PolluxDeltaSeven

It could be very amazing!!
It will be a parasite fighter, right?

I have just a few questions: what is the AIM-9XR?? For my Seastar seafighter I imagined a Stinger XR (AIM-92XR) that was more powerfull, had a better range and was faster than the original Stinger.
Is it the same thing for your AIM-9XR? A kind of extanded ranged AIM-9X?

Well, whatever, it looks great!!
"laissez mes armées être les rochers et les arbres et les oiseaux dans le ciel"
-Charlemagne-

Coming Soon in Alternate History:
-Battlefleet Galactica
-Republic of Libertalia: a modern Pirate Story

Shasper

The AIM-9XR is a X model 'Winder fitted w/a MMW radar seeker (from the AGM-114K), and the AGM-120 is a Amraam fitted w/a dual mode passive/actice radar seeker (so it *could* be used against both ground and air based tracking radars).

Yeah, it's going to be a parasite a/c. My theory is that the AF got a handful of these  birds to pioneer parasite UCAV tactics & eval the theory. Launchbird would've been the EB-52H.

So Ev, your saying leave the nose the way it was, right?

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

elmayerle

QuoteSo Ev, your saying leave the nose the way it was, right?
Yep, I'd say that's the best way, based on what I've seen and read.  I'll comment a bit more by PM.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin