57 Squadron Turbeaucounterfigher

Started by SimonR, February 09, 2006, 11:09:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SimonR

RAF Khormaksar, Aden. 1958

I might need to rethink the landing gear. The Mohawk main gear looks a bit thin and small for the mighty Beau.
Simon

This is the curse of speed;  I have been a slave to it all my life. On my gravestone they will carve 'It never got fast enough for me'.
Hunter S. Thompson

Bryan H.

Miscellany (that effects modeling):
My son & daughter.
School - finishing my degree

Models (upcoming):
RCN A-4F+ ArcticHawk

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Holy Poo !!!

That is superb, man I wish I could do stuff like this. All I do is put new paint and decals onto existing kits. But this is what I should be doing.

Bl**dy great stuff, Simon. Take a bow.

I H-G
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

lancer

That is bleeding awsome Simon. I wish I could do stuff like that.  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Scooterman

LOVE! the round tail with the square stabs.

Stunner!  

philp

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

wolfik

Gary

Oh now that's just toooooo cool. Got any more pics?  :wub:  
Getting back into modeling

Captain Canada

Wicked !

Like Gary sez, we need more pics !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Ollie

cthulhu77

:cheers:  one of the best whifs I've ever seen...WOW!

Brian da Basher

Simon sir, that is soooo awesome it hurts! You've built a real whif masterpiece there! It works on every level to me, and it looks so right I'm sure you could easily convince folks it was real! Superamazingfantasticunbelievable work!

Brian da Basher

NARSES2

Stunning Simon and what a colour scheme  :wub:  
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

SimonR

QuoteThat is superb, man I wish I could do stuff like this. All I do is put new paint and decals onto existing kits. But this is what I should be doing.
I used to be the same until I started hanging out here! There are some great modellers on here like JHM, Eddie and Wolfik who inspired me to take whiffing to the next level.

Here's a few more photos for those that asked:

As I mentioned on the other thread, this is a Tamiya Beaufighter TF.X fuselage with Roden Mohawk wings (with Beaufighter wing tips) and engines. Overall, I'm pretty happy with how this turned out, especially since it was only 11 days from cracking the kit boxes open to posting the photographs.
Simon

This is the curse of speed;  I have been a slave to it all my life. On my gravestone they will carve 'It never got fast enough for me'.
Hunter S. Thompson

Dork the kit slayer

QuoteI wish I could do stuff like that.
I DO stuff like that..........I just dont finish them...........paint them as good or.....................
................what am I smoking????.............. :P wish I DID stuff like that. ;)  ;)  ;)
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/