French Criquet in Vietnam

Started by cthulhu77, February 09, 2006, 04:37:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cthulhu77

Captain Verne rolled his eyes again.  The new major had been going on and on about how the flight was too rough for over five minutes now, and even the smarmy lieutenant Heicke was having no luck with calming him down.  The captain, a veteran of hundreds of combat flights, chuckled to himself, "just wait 'till he finds out he has to ride on the back of a cycle to get to H.Q." !

Ollie

What did I do again?

:P

Brilliant stuff Greg!

Could you email me high-rez images of this to show to my friend?

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  

Captain Canada

Wow Greg, that is awesome ! Great job for such a wee little dio....more pics please !

What did you use to make the water ?

:cheers:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

The Rat

QuoteThe captain, a veteran of hundreds of combat flights, chuckled to himself, "just wait 'till he finds out he has to ride on the back of a cycle to get to H.Q." !
With wet boots and soggy socks!

Very nice Greg, a simple but good diorama!

Okay, simple in content, but I'll bet there were a few 'damn and blast its' along the way.  ^_^  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

cthulhu77

Thanks!  Ollie, I will send some high res pics your way once the sun is up tomorrow.
 The water was easy, since I wanted it to be kind of yellow/green anyway...I just used regular resin used for fiberglass, made a mold edge on the base, and poured away !
  Yeah, there were a few god****it's along the way.  Shanlyn left the studio a few times to escape the yowling!

Brian da Basher

Greg that's a really nice dio there of an unusual subject! That is a blue-ribbon winner for sure!

And I loved that cool little vignette you wrote for it too.

Brian da Basher

dexter059

Brilliant :wub: how you did the water look so cool?

cheers :cheers:  

NARSES2

That's a very nice little diorama

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

lancer

If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

John Howling Mouse

I would also like to see some close-ups and high rez shots <please!>

Could you link to photobucket.com?  It's freeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
They let you go up to about 512KB per image until the auto-re-size kicks in, I believe.
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

nev

Once again Greg you amaze us all.  Only problem I can see is that there's only one photo  :P

Now, how is that Hind getting on?  :)  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Aircav

Great idea and wonderfully modelled  :D  :D  :D  :D  
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

K5054NZ

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Need I say more? Absolute brilliane, Greg, awe-inspiring! I love it!

Sisko

Greg can't believe I miseed this post.

Lovely dio simple but effective.  :cheers:

For some reason that escapes me a Dio that has water in it facinates me.  :blink:  
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Aircav

Freud would say its because you want to get back to the womb, everyone else would say its just because its nice messing about in water  :D
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader