Main Menu
R

BC - BUD

Started by RotorheadTX, February 11, 2006, 07:23:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RotorheadTX

In progress - but she's been under wraps long enough.

SimonR

Nice one! Very Gerry Anderson...
Simon

This is the curse of speed;  I have been a slave to it all my life. On my gravestone they will carve 'It never got fast enough for me'.
Hunter S. Thompson

Captain Canada

Wow...is that ever cool looking !

Love the name as well !  :wub:  No, I'm serious...I love it !

:cheers:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Alvis 3.1

Oh.....
My....
God! That is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
You DO realise tho that if the real thing existed, you'd NEVER sell any in the US? :blink:

Alvis 3.1

John Howling Mouse

Clunk!!

[sound of jaw dropping]

Paint scheme and livery?

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Brian da Basher

Wow simply amazing Rotorhead! That is one really really sweet whif! You can take your place among the Whif Masters with that one sir!

Brian da Basher

nev

Wow, she's a corker!  :wub:

those engine pods wouldn't have come off a B-1 by any chance would they?  :)  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

The Rat

:o

Show that to all those who say that civvy stuff is no fun! Incredible concept and execution.  :wub:

Components? I'm guessing that's a 727 fuselage (can't be the Airfix one, the flight deck windows fit too well  :P ), with the horizontal stabilizers as canards (did that myself recently) stabilizers from a second as verticals? If so, it begs the question - what wondrous things are you going to do with the rest of the leftovers?  B)  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

RotorheadTX

First of all, glad you like her.

Alvis, thanks kindly - coming from you that means alot!

The inspiration, of course, was the Sonic Cruiser. As this one is built in Canada, it's been nick-named the Sonic Brewser.

The construction is brought to you thanks to the 50% off sales at Hobby Lobby...
The fuselage is three spliced Minicraft 737's, with the tail section inverted. The wings are Minicraft 727, and the canards and tails are 737 horizontal stabilizers. The engines and LERXes are from the Minicraft B-1; the LERXes are the ex-horizontal stabs turned around so the former trailing edges are up against the fuselage.

As for markings, I'm currently stuck with the 727 Pan Am decals - not that I object to the scheme, but as she has no vertical tail, there is no good place for the globe emblem, and it looks funny without it.

She should have a Canadian scheme, but I don't have the decals for it. Anyone got some Canadian decals in 1/144th scale that would suit a 737-based bird?

lancer

Oh wow that thing is sooooooooo COOL. Hell it gives Fireflash a run for it's money....
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Ollie

Whoa, awesome!

^_^  

K5054NZ

Oooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmm!

I think I'm in love......very nice :wub:  :wub:  

gooberliberation

================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

Sisko

QuoteNice one! Very Gerry Anderson...

What he said :wub:  :wub:  
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Gary

The Gerry Anderson comment is very fitting and a great compliment
Getting back into modeling