The WIMsy is almost done

Started by The Rat, February 12, 2006, 01:53:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rat

After some last minute disasters I've decided to award round one to the model. There's just no way that I'm going to go all out on such a tiny little thing, so I've ditched the landing gear and filled in the wells, and the cabin door has been closed. It will be mounted on a stand as soon as a suitable slot is carved out.

BUT... One of these days I will start it in a larger scale, which should give me a chance to do a better interior (Toad needs a well stocked bar), and just give my eyes a rest.

Here's a couple of pics of the almost finished project, hopefully I'll have it done in time to give all of the Canucks a Valentine's Day present.  ^_^

The canopy went missing (#^&!*% cleaning lady Bitch!!!) so I had to carve one out of balsa.

The paint scheme is deliberately off-centre, I just like it that way. The registration letters will also look rather unsteady, again deliberate. It will all be explained in the back story.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Ollie

Whoa David!

I'm in love!

:wub:  :wub:  

Brian da Basher

Mr Rat-San, that is just beautiful sir. This will bring a warm glow to all our Canadian friends during the chill of February. That is some expert paintwork sir! I gotta agree, that off-center look works! I am very very impressed!

Brian da Basher

Captain Canada

QuoteToad needs a well stocked bar.
Amen brother Rat ! And none of that cheap stuff either.....

:P

Beauty paint scheme, btw. Awesome job on that replacement canopy as well. And does Mrs. Rat know you call her 'the damn cleaning lady' ?

Looking forward to a good read ( and laugh ! )

:cheers:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

John Howling Mouse

Beauty, eh?
^_^

That angled scheme is so damned clever!

YOU are so damned clever, man.

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

The Rat

Thanks guys! The major impetus for getting this finished was the ever growing number of Canadians on this board. Since I wanted to have a seat for all of us the poor plane was in danger of being seriously overloaded if I didn't hurry.  ^_^

It's all explained in the back story, which was actually written not long after I joined this board almost two years ago.  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Sisko

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

K5054NZ

"Us"? Does that include a certain Kiwi? Or is it "real" Canadians only?

Fantastic model! I love it!

Damian2

Quote"Us"? Does that include a certain Kiwi? Or is it "real" Canadians only?

Fantastic model! I love it!
HEY!!! No posing!!

Besides we have better rugby teams than them ;)
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

cthulhu77

beautiful Canuckian jet, there !   Love the colour scheme, and the canopy came out great, too.

greg

Eddie M.

I love the paint job. :wub: Outstanding paint work. B)
     Eddie
Look behind you!

The Rat

QuoteI love the paint job. :wub: Outstanding paint work. B)
     Eddie
Digital camera + distance + dodgy focus = Outstanding paint work  :P

Really, if you saw it in hand you would definitely think otherwise, but given the size of the thing I'm happy enough.  B)  

K5054NZ

Size? How big?

Rugby? So, Damian, you are proposing that the Canadians actually play our game? SHOW ME PROOF!

Damian2

QuoteSize? How big?

Rugby? So, Damian, you are proposing that the Canadians actually play our game? SHOW ME PROOF!
Hey I'm sure I saw the Maple Leaf on the field...but yeah its almost like watching the Japanese playing...
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

nev

Thats excellent Ratty, the off-centre paint scheme really works.

And yes, Canada do have a Rugby team, a 4th tier team along with the likes of USA, Romania and Japan.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May