Schwimmermetzgervogel

Started by SimonR, February 13, 2006, 11:28:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SimonR

A quick kitbash I did over the weekend and my first Luft 46 offering. What if the Luftwaffe had fought in the pacific in 1946?

This will be my last for a while. My next project, while just a straight decal and paint swap, is a big kit that's notoriously difficult to build...
Simon

This is the curse of speed;  I have been a slave to it all my life. On my gravestone they will carve 'It never got fast enough for me'.
Hunter S. Thompson

Radish

Very nice.
Great modelling...love the floats and camo, and that propeller is just MAGNIFICENT :wub:  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Radish

And by the way, did you know that for a time the Luftwaffe operated some Arado Ar.196 floatplanes from Singapore on reconn duties? FACT :o  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

SimonR

QuoteVery nice.
Great modelling...love the floats and camo, and that propeller is just MAGNIFICENT :wub:
Thanks! Pity I forgot to reverse the pitch on the second prop. Even on full throttle the Schwimmermetzgervogel isn't going to be going anywhere! Kurt Tank would have fired me.
Simon

This is the curse of speed;  I have been a slave to it all my life. On my gravestone they will carve 'It never got fast enough for me'.
Hunter S. Thompson

Captain Canada

:wub: Sweet ! Love the way it looks with that big contra-prop.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Sisko

For a quick knock together that looks amazing!!! :wub:  
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Ollie

Oh, that's a wicked piece of hardware!

:P  :wub:  :D  

anthonyp

Gotta love contra-rotating props!   :wub:  :wub:

Great job!

:cheers:  :cheers:  
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

cthulhu77

No kidding!  Yeeeha!  Cool looking bird.

Allan

A new star appears in the What If firmament.

Fine model.

Luftwaffe in the Pacific?

Why didn't anyone else think of that?

Allan in Canberra

Brian da Basher

What Allan said, Simon! That's absolutely fantastic and completely plausible! I love imagining the consternation a build of that incredible quality would cause a roomful of JMNs. You've created a What-If wonder sir!

Brian da Basher

Tophe

I love the floats, the double propeller :wub:  :wub:  while I dislike the swastika... :(  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Damian2

Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

K5054NZ

The props? I love the whole thing! I wonder if the floats from the Airfix Auster will fit my Airfix Stuka?

Great stuff Si, you're coming along well. First your magnificent Turbeau, and now this! WOW! I salute and admire you! Words cannot express my amazement! :wub:  :wub:  

lancer

If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die