Wooden MIG 17 piccies from Allan

Started by Allan, February 15, 2006, 08:50:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SimonR

QuoteOkay, I typed 'wooden' into Babelfish to find the Russian equivalent and got:

деревянно

That'll teach me to try to beat you guys at puns.

Anyone translate?  :huh:
Anything ending in -no is an adverbal form so it actually means 'woodenly'.

Wooden is 'dyeryevyanniy'. Although the spelling could change as it would have to agree in case, gender and plurality with the objective noun.
Simon

This is the curse of speed;  I have been a slave to it all my life. On my gravestone they will carve 'It never got fast enough for me'.
Hunter S. Thompson

lancer

QuoteOkay, I typed 'wooden' into Babelfish to find the Russian equivalent and got:

деревянно

That'll teach me to try to beat you guys at puns.

Anyone translate?  :huh:
Anything ending in -no is an adverbal form so it actually means 'woodenly'.

Wooden is 'dyeryevyanniy'. Although the spelling could change as it would have to agree in case, gender and plurality with the objective noun.
Are you fluent in Russian Simon??. It's a language that I seriously want to learn.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Davey B

..but wouldn't the section round the jetpipe catch fire? :dum:  :dum:  :dum:  :dum:  :dum:  :dum:  

SimonR

QuoteAre you fluent in Russian Simon??. It's a language that I seriously want to learn.
I wouldn't say I am fluent (native Russian speakers can tell I am a foreigner) but I can speak (and read/write) it fairly well. It has a reputation as being difficult to learn but I don't think it is fully deserved. It does have a lot of grammar compared to English but its spelling is very predictable and almost entirely phonetic. Among its other charms are 33 letters (10 vowels), no words for 'a' or 'the' and no present tense of 'to be'!

Simon

This is the curse of speed;  I have been a slave to it all my life. On my gravestone they will carve 'It never got fast enough for me'.
Hunter S. Thompson

Allan

Thanks Chris

No drama and no urgency re the decals.

Allan in Canberra

and yes, probably the whole things would have caught fire from the hot exhaust...but they were easy to make

NARSES2

Al

Had a look at the FCM sheets - and they don't have Voss's markings on them I'm afraid. I've seen Voss's markings on a Dr I kit but can't remember which one

Chris

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

K5054NZ

Airfix 1:72, one of their "aces" series. I had it, my dad painted it up as that nice Mr Richtofen's famous one. Y'know, all dark-pink coloured. I forget the name they called him for that.....the Magenta Count, I think.....

Allan

Thanks Zac, I'll check around the traps and Ebay

Allan in Canberra

K5054NZ

^_^ No worries cobber! Be warned it was a boxing done around 96ish, I got it around 99 from our local Kmart (along with an Airfix Buccaneer, but that's another story  ;) ). Good luck!

Allan

Zac

I surfed Hyperscale, found someone who knew about Voss' decals and contacted him.

To cut it short, he is going to send me some Revell 1/72 Voss decals.

Viva Hyperscale!

Allan in Canberra

Would the Voss decals look better on a woden 109 or wooden 190 fuselage, complete with wing lozenge upper and lower?

Brian da Basher

That's a tough call Allan. I tend to think the Me-109 is closer in shape to Voss' Albatros (at least the nose), but my gut tells me to go with the Fw-190. Whichever you choose, I'm really looking forward to seeing pics of it!

Brian da Basher

elmayerle

I'd say to go with the Focke Wulf as, if I remember correctly, Albatros was a predecessor company.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Allan

Hi blokes,

Then FW it is.

After I've finished my larger 109 model and the model of the Japanese samurai swords I am working away at.

Allan in Canberra

NARSES2

Al

I think the Revell Voss transfers may be for a Dr I or at least the pre-production version as I didn't know Revel did an Albatros ? If so you'll get that nice face for the FW's cowl.

Chris - who's probably barking up the completely wrong tree  :dum:  
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

K5054NZ

Voss Fw190? That sounds fantastically brilliant! :wub:  :wub: Wood panel and lozenge? Magnificent! Pics ASAP please!