K

Rockwell FB-115 "Dagger"

Started by K5054NZ, February 16, 2006, 07:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K5054NZ

I'll probably go for the USAF markings in the kit, but they'll flake off in no time  <_< . Whaddya y'all think of the ECM packge twixt the tails? To me it makes me think of one of those Yank UAVs, I forget the name, but a turbofan on back and wings the size of a 737.

Shasper

Global Hawk dude B)

I'd go with either flaaat black w/ fake ser. nos on the tail and nast. insignia in the standard positions, or a dark gray like gunship or Euro-1 with the above markings. (seeing at this a/c isn't suppost to exist.............. ;)  :ph34r: ) )

Shas B)  
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

John Howling Mouse

Sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!

Wow.   :wub:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

K5054NZ

Thanks Baz. I just love the look of her. So.......purposeful!

Shas, I'll consider the grey - hate it as we do, it sounds perfect! And I thought it was Global Hawk,  :cheers:  for that.

K5054NZ

Grey it is, and it makes her look mean as hell! I'm now considering thrust vectoring nozzles rather than plain ole cans (can't find any in the right size), but for now she's done. No pics yet because Lana's pop still has my digicam  :angry:  :angry: !!!!

At Lana's :wub:  :wub:  suggestion, the service nickname "Catfish" will be applied to the FB-115. Pics and backstory when the camera returns!

rallymodeller

Zac, in that scale 2-D TVN's can be made from plasticard and creativity.  
--Jeremy

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...

More into Flight Sim reskinning these days, but still what-iffing... Leading Edge 3D

K5054NZ

I meant I have no afterburner cans in 1:260, and by saying I'd use TVNs I was trying to IMPLY i'd scratch them. But thanks!

K5054NZ

PICS! At long last! B) Enjoy.

Later I'll give scratchbuilding a couple of thrust-vectoring nozzles onto the engine pods, but I'll waive any insignia. I handpainted the canopy glazing BTW  ^_^ .

At Lana's :wub:  :wub:  suggestion, the plane's nickname from crews is the Catfish. Cathy, don't ya think?

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Brian da Basher

Wow that's hot Zac! I love how you've turned that B-1 into something marvelous with just a few little tweaks!

Brian da Basher

Ollie

Shasper

Paint the radome and wing glove dielectric panels black and she'll be ready for the prom! :P  ^_^

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

K5054NZ

Will do! I'll try and make it look especially sharp! Good ole' Catfish! Thanks Shas, Rat and Mr "I-Don't-Usually-Like-Jets" Bri! B)  

John Howling Mouse

She's really in the air now, Zac!

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

BlackOps

Zac, just running over some of the specsheets for the FB-115 and I believe your windows are just a tad too thick, would it be possible for you to correct this small discrepency.... :dum:

Looks pretty dadgum cool!

Jeff G.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.