K

Something for Tophe (2)

Started by K5054NZ, February 16, 2006, 07:28:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

Quotemy own Me 262Z from the MPM Mistel kit
I have opened the box, and I am ready to (start to) build this Me 262BZ-3 (as soon as I have finished the XP-77Z, Fw 189T-3, Bv 141T... in 2006 yes probably)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

In our CyanoAcrilide-glue days, what took weeks before is now hours... The model is taking shape, while a lot remains to do...

John Howling Mouse

Gives us all great pleasure to see you hitting the plastic again, Tophe!!  -_-  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Tophe

Hey, Barry, I've never stopped modelling since my going back into it (and a new home) one year ago, with 11 new models finished up to now all 1/72 (basis: Whirlwind, BMW TL-III, Go 242, Pioneer, two C.714, P-38, G.38, Proteus, two Yuriev, two J.29, Jet Ranger) and 4 now on the bench (basis: Bv141, two XP-77, three Fw 189, double Me 262). And 3 old ones have been recently what-ifed (Mirage 2000, He 162, Me 262 1/32).
Most of them are presented in the twin-tail forum rather than here, but the fact is that I am a modeling-addict again... (in the most severe variant: what-if modelism :blink:  :wacko: , the leading psychiatrists themselves are shivering :( ) ^_^
(I have not even the excuse of skills needing to be used, I build them a million times worse than you, but I simply have fun :D Is it so severe, Doc? :( )

Tophe

While my cousin Herr Toff blamed the Ho 262Z dream for lacking tails :( , the wind-tunnel proved he was right :) : such a plane would fall out of control almost immediately after take off :(  – the big span was right to turn :)  but longitudinal balance was awful :( . Then Blohm und Voss, with the Ente experience, suggested to add a nose tailplane :)  and the project Fw 262Z entered successfully in the glorious little family of twin-tail-first :D  (no copy of anyone has been ever ordered... :( ).

This is independent from the standard Fw 262 in "The end of Forked Ghosts" (mix of Me262A and Fw Flitzer)... :blink:  :wacko:  

Tophe

The Me 262BZ-3 is in progress, just a few sanding, gluing the tailplanes, and... the problems will start: my vacform-canopies handling is a disaster! The putty I put inside (to make them solid before painting them black) has almost dissolved these thin parts, changing very badly their shape :( , and when I tried to cut the useful part, the putty matter fell down, so I have again the fragile parts that will be destroyed by sanding :( ... No despair, no, no... :mellow:

Brian da Basher

It's good to see your work in progress Tophe! Don't dispair about your canopies my friend, I'll be sure to sacrifce some small part to the Carpet Monster to appease the modelling gods.

Brian da Basher

John Howling Mouse

Is this 1:72 scale, Tophe?  I have an Me-262 that will end up with a P-51 Mustang's canopy instead, anyhow.  So, I'll have at least one Me-262 injection-molded canopy that should fit, right?  Easier than handling the vac-form one.  Let me know if you want it.

Barry.

Tophe

Yes, this is 1/72, MPM plastic.
I understand your T-51 left you with a single-seat Mustang canopy that needed to be adapted somewhere... ^_^
If your Plexiglas Me262A extra canopy is 1/72: I would be very happy to receive it, Barry :P (but what could I send in exchange? tell me, I have several kits that I will probably never build if you may be interested: F-18, Ju86,Pogo - if only one would be enough, a second could pay the rainbow decal you told me once you may send?) ^_^

Tophe

QuoteIf your Plexiglas Me262A extra canopy is 1/72: I would be very happy to receive it, Barry :P
CORRECTION!!! (How stupid was I: I was forgetting I am a what-if modeller, lacking scratchbuilding skills but...)
A 1/48 Me262A canopy on my 1/72 Me262BZ-3 would be EVEN BETTER, MORE FUNNY!!! :D  

John Howling Mouse

QuoteYes, this is 1/72, MPM plastic.
I understand your T-51 left you with a single-seat Mustang canopy that needed to be adapted somewhere... ^_^
If your Plexiglas Me262A extra canopy is 1/72: I would be very happy to receive it, Barry :P (but what could I send in exchange? tell me, I have several kits that I will probably never build if you may be interested: F-18, Ju86,Pogo - if only one would be enough, a second could pay the rainbow decal you told me once you may send?) ^_^
Yep, my canopy is 1:72 as well, Mr. Tophe (Hasegawa).  Should fit your kit okay.
I'll mail it to you.
You don't need to send me anything in return.
I think I may have your postal address somewhere here.

I don't recall a rainbow decal though: please remind me which kit it was from (or was I going to print you up a homemade decal?0

[for some reason, I cannot receive ANY e-mail messages from Tophe at home anymore.  He's not on my blocked sender's list---his msgs just get bounced back with an error of some kind.  Any advice from our more computer literate folks out there?]

Tophe

QuoteI'll mail it to you. You don't need to send me anything in return. I think I may have your postal address somewhere here. I don't recall a rainbow decal though: please remind me which kit it was from?
Thanks for the forthcoming envoice, dear. I'll send you my postal address by PM.
Even if there is no NEED on your side to receive something in return, there is a NEED on my side to send something to feel comfortable. Just tell me which kit, I suppose the Pogo is the most interesting of the 3, no? I add a 4th possibility: Hasegawa Mitsubishi T-2, the 2-seat Jaguar-like supersonic trainer. All 4 are 1/72.
QuoteWould you consider gloss white with some rainbow highlights?
I could send you some multi-color-striped-style decals from 1960's USN schemes if you'd like to pursue that idea.
This was in my Westland asymmetric SingleWind topic http://www.whatifmodelers.com/forum//index...?showtopic=6128 . I hope this helps. I have not ordered the gloss white paint though so there is no hurry (I may order it soon, as I have putty to order too).

Tophe

QuoteI have discovered French caricatures that I did not know yet, put on the Web in 2003-2004, made by TinTin, featured at http://miguel21.free.fr (then click on "Croquis") with hundreds of lovely other planes (F-16, He219, Me262B, Mirages, etc)...
So here is another Me 262Z: MesserCartoon Me 262 BZ:

Tophe

My (unfinished) Me 262BZ-3 model was weird with jet engines above the wing like a VFW 614...
(from http://home.arcor.de/hfvogt/vfw614-small.jpg )
Well, I had to compare jets below/ jets above, and I did it with a blurred photograph of the Arado Ar 234Z:
Which is the one upside down?
(thanks to http://www.luftwaffen-projekte.de/lwp/a-z/...r234_archiv.htm )

Tophe

Adapdation to the Me 262 canopy part nicely sent by JHM (including a bottom part) is done...
Cutting/holding hardly, I broke one wing, but it will be glued again, no problem...