Ringworm Su-27

Started by noxioux, February 18, 2006, 08:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noxioux

Here's an almost-finished pic of an Su-27 in a sort of ringworm tundra camo.  I still have to do the rest of the canopy, and some fiddly stuff, but it's almost there.

This was the Zhengdefu kit, which has had some very bad things said about it.  Personally, I didn't think it was all that bad to put together.  I won't comment on accuracy, because that's not something I'm gonna ever lose sleep over.  But I only used a few drops of Mr Surfacer for gap filling on this, which ain't too bad.  The things I thought weren't so great were the decals, which are just plain unusable, and the cockpit--which was almost completely devoid of detail.

Brian da Basher

Wow another great eye-catching paint job there noxioux! You are a master camoflage artist!

Brian da Basher

Tophe

Yes, efficient camo: when this jet flies at low altitude over billions of worms, you simply cannot see this plane from above! This is the very principle of camouflage, and JMNs would hate such a wise scenario, I don't know why... :D  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Radish

Fabulous!!!
So believable!!!
Absolutely terrific....I love it :wub:  :P  :wub:  :P  :wub:  
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

SimonR

Very nice! Did you freehand this camo or mask it?
Simon

This is the curse of speed;  I have been a slave to it all my life. On my gravestone they will carve 'It never got fast enough for me'.
Hunter S. Thompson

NARSES2

Love the camo - reminds me of something the Italian's would come up with
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

gooberliberation

QuoteYes, efficient camo: when this jet flies at low altitude over billions of worms, you simply cannot see this plane from above! This is the very principle of camouflage, and JMNs would hate such a wise scenario, I don't know why... :D
Ah, surely you remember the great radioactive earthworm uprising back in '89, when the the soviets had flankers dropping napalm on the chernobyl-worms around the clock!

Why would they need to conceal the topside of an airplane from the worms? Cuz they jump real high, thats why.

btw, thats one of the coolest camoflage schemes i've ever seen :wub:  
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

cthulhu77

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

markm70

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D  :D  :cheers:  

lancer

If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

John Howling Mouse

Wow...this would put anything on my shelf to shame: that is one AMAZING scheme!

More pics!

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

BlackOps

Very, very Nice!    I love unsusual camo :)

Jeff G.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

K5054NZ

I don't belieeeeeeve it, I'm becoming a Flankerphile!

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: I WANT ONE! That camo looks absotively splentacular!

Patrick H

Fantastic paintjob, simply amazing

:cheers:

patrick
My webpage

The engines spit out fire, I'm pushed back in my chair
The pressure gives me thrills as we climb in the air