M

Show Winners!

Started by markm70, February 19, 2006, 08:57:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markm70

I hope you don't mind but here are the show winners I built that I entered in the Columbus, Ohio IPMS show yesterday.

Here is the 1st place winning Fujimi 1/72 A-4C Skyhawk

I hope you enjoy them :)  

markm70

Here is the 2nd place winning Academy 1/72 OV-10A Bronco

lancer

Both excellent Mark, you deserved to win with those two.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Scooterman

Very nice on both accounts Mark!  My first and thrid most favorite aircraft!

WARNING JMN MOMENT

FYI A-4Cs never had outboard pylons.  Some export versions of the C did though.

Brian da Basher

Wow Markm they both look every bit the prize-winner! Congratulations! Well earned!

Brian da Basher

Captain Canada

Congratulations, Marco !

Beauty job....and what do you mean ? Hope we don't mind.......sheesh ! I think it's be the other way around, if you didn't show us ! We might've started to think there really were no models, kinda like Shasper's GF.

:P

I really like the Scooter. They just looked so right in those cool in those colours, all bombed up.....

:wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

John Howling Mouse

mmmmmm....winners....

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Allan

Great modelling Mark tho I personally don't have the required patience to put all those decals on.

Allan in Canberra

dexter059

Great job, you really deserve the price.....

Don´t mind about the outboard pylons, that will make it a real What If  ;)   :lol:

BTW, question, the Bronco WAS used by the USAF? Just wondering, I thaught that was an Army/Marines plane, or I´m wrong? :huh:

cheers :cheers:

K5054NZ

noxioux

Congrats on the wins, and those are two very nice birds!  I'd have to say that's a hell of a job on the decals. :cheers:  

markm70

QuoteBTW, question, the Bronco WAS used by the USAF? Just wondering, I thaught that was an Army/Marines plane, or I´m wrong? :huh:

Yes, the USAF used the Bronco during Viet Nam but mainly as a FAC bird.  The USMC/USN used it in the light strile role as designed. The USMC was the primary user of the OV-10.  Only one Navy squadron exsisted that used the OV-10 VAL-4 Black Ponies, the only squadron ever commissioned and decommissioned on foreign soil (Viet Nam)

Hope that answers your question.  Mark