Main Menu

Test shots

Started by matrixone, February 24, 2006, 03:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

I am about 1/3 of the way into the construction of my new hanger and here are some pics of where its at right now.
The front and walls are close to being finished but are not glued together yet, the structure for the roof is only half built, it is not easy to keep this thing lined up while glueing the parts together!
When the hanger is built it will get the proper looking late war German camouflage.

Also working on some Luftwaffe ground crew figures and the 1/48 scale Kettenkraftrad and the figures that came with it.

Matrixone

Brian da Basher

Very nice Matrixone! I've always been impressed by your photos and builds. This hangar will really compliment them! 1/48 scale? Wow you must have a lot more room than I do!

Brian da Basher

matrixone

Thanks Brian!

The figures and Kettenkraftrad are 1/48 scale, the hanger I am building is about 1/87 scale, sorry for not making that clear.
Right now I do have room to store my photography base and things, but I will have to decide in the not too distant future about which models I will scrap to make room for the new ones that are being built. For me at least that will NOT be easy.

BTW, thanks for the info on ScenicExpress, I did order some of those grass mats. They are VERY expensive but if they look good enough I will have to make another addition to my photobase. I have always wanted to photograph some of my models on a section of ground that had tall grass, many late war German planes were photographed on fields that were not well taken care of.

Matrixone

Brian da Basher

Gald I could help, Matrixone! I'm really looking forward to the photographic wizardry you'll be able to create with that new grass.

Brian da Basher

matrixone

Brian,

Not only will the possible improvement in better looking grass make for more realistic looking pictures but I also might at last be able to buy/make trees that look much better than what I have been using, the Scenic Express catalog has many things like trees, bushes, and ground work that look worthy for use on my photobase.

When I get all the things I need for my photobase done and improve my computer skills I will be having some fun messing with the JMNs heads!

Again, Thank you.

A new pic of the backdrop shot today.

Matrixone

Brian da Basher

Wow looks good there Matrixone! Shot from the right angle, you'll have no trouble gaslighting the JMNs!

Brian da Basher

K5054NZ

:wub:  :wub: Fantastic hangar my friend, I'd love to make one for the Rivercity Fighter Collection (my personal Marcel Jurca MJ-100, Strikemaster, P-51D etc etc).

If you can, please post pics and/or text on how you built that hangar, details of materials etc if possible. I'd very much appreciate it. B)  

nev

wow, I think I'd go crazy doing that roof  :wacko:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Dork the kit slayer

This is comming along nicely....good work :cheers:  
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

matrixone

Thanks Zac, nev, and Dork!

Zac,
The hanger is a kit made by Faller, it is 1/87 scale and will work with 1/72 scale (just barely) O.K. I spotted this kit in the Walthers catalog...it is rather expensive though. But so far it appears to be good fitting and of good quality, this kit also includes shelves, workbenches, work platforms, and even modern trash cans. This hanger would look best with modern a/c.

nev,
Building the roof sections is tricky, imagine trying to glue on the top wing of four WWI fighters at once! The kit does fit together well so it is not that bad, by Sunday the roof sections should be done.

I will post more in-progress pics after I start doing some painting on it.

Matrixone

K5054NZ

I always used to love drawing pictures of my WW2 aircraft collection in my hangar at our local airport, so that hangar model would be perfect for the real thing! I MUST track one down.

BTW, that last photo,  :wub:  :wub: ! It's from an actual Luftwaffe field, right? It CAN'T BE A MODEL!!!! :wub:  

matrixone

Thanks Zac,

Walthers has a lot of things in their catalog that might be useful for our hobby, I have several other buildings that I bought from them that I have yet to make but I am building this hanger first because it will be used more often than the others.

One problem I am beginning to have is room, this new hanger is large and I have not decided where to store it when not in use. Between my photobase, built models, backdrop, books, RC planes, and all the unbuilt kits I am slowly running out of room. I will be making a new backdrop soon to replace the one I just painted two weeks ago so I will have to come up with more shelves and make better use of the space I have.

Matrixone