Hawk 180...inspired by APD's Firehawk

Started by Damian2, March 06, 2006, 01:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damian2

Hi All!

These are so of my first scratch building attempts :) (my modded F-4 is still "in-prog") so bear with me!

First up is the front panel:

Panle in the cockpit, the seat is one from the Hasegawa T-4, which BTW is also going to be a "hump back" attack plane (the OA-4 Sparrow <--working title):

A new divider to cover the back cockpit where the new avionics bundles and fuel tank are:

Finally some of the weapons, dual mounted Brimstones (or Hellfires) and two twin mounted Stingers. On the final plane I intend to move the Hellfires to the inner pylon on one wing with two 180lb LCDs on the other inner pylon. The two outer pylons will mount rocket pods for close support/target marking:

And thats all for now :) Next will be figuring out how to mount an internal gun and then a fuel tank on the center line pylon...

:cheers:
Damian
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

Eddie M.

Looks good. Keep it comin'! B)
  Eddie
Look behind you!

AeroplaneDriver

Looking great!!  I love your weapons loadout.

How are you doing the LCDs?

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Sentinel Chicken

And thats all for now :) Next will be figuring out how to mount an internal gun and then a fuel tank on the center line pylon...
Take a look at the Oerlikon 30mm cannon installation on the JA37 Viggens. They have them mounted as an underfuselage pack centerline without giving up the centerline pylon which usually carries an external tank.  

Damian2

QuoteLooking great!!  I love your weapons loadout.

Its by no means an "accurate method of making LCDs but concidering this is going to be in-flight as long as it looks good through the canopy thats all the matters :)
Basically I cat a square and then place strips of cut sheet on the edges plain and simple...I'd love to learn better techniques but I suppose that will come over time.

QuoteTake a look at the Oerlikon 30mm cannon installation on the JA37 Viggens. They have them mounted as an underfuselage pack centerline without giving up the centerline pylon which usually carries an external tank.

Will do! I was thinking of using the cannons from a Harrier (either the Airfix FA.2 which might be built too or the Hasegawa AV-8B II+) with the feed between the pods (if there is one like on the AV-8B II+) running through the fuselage with pods place one each side of the fuselage...

AeroplaneDriver

QuoteLooking great!!  I love your weapons loadout.

Its by no means an "accurate method of making LCDs but concidering this is going to be in-flight as long as it looks good through the canopy thats all the matters :)
Basically I cat a square and then place strips of cut sheet on the edges plain and simple...I'd love to learn better techniques but I suppose that will come over time.

QuoteTake a look at the Oerlikon 30mm cannon installation on the JA37 Viggens. They have them mounted as an underfuselage pack centerline without giving up the centerline pylon which usually carries an external tank.

Will do! I was thinking of using the cannons from a Harrier (either the Airfix FA.2 which might be built too or the Hasegawa AV-8B II+) with the feed between the pods (if there is one like on the AV-8B II+) running through the fuselage with pods place one each side of the fuselage...
Sorry, didnt mean the LCD displays, but the 180lb LCD bombs.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Damian2

QuoteSorry, didnt mean the LCD displays, but the 180lb LCD bombs.
:dum:  :dum:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOPS!

I was thinking of using an early mark AIM-9 or grabbing the IR missiles from the ESCI Mir2000. Then doing basically the same thing you did but swapping out an IIR seaker instead of the LGU...

Ollie

B777LR

looks good, i specially like the hellfires and those wingtip stingers.

Leigh

Nice job Damian. And clear green paint over a light grey looks good for L.C.D.s, the screens not the bombs.

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

Damian2

Hi guys!!

Thanx for all the comments! :D

Now for a quick question. What do you think is the best way to go about representing the faired over rear canopy (ala Mitsubishi F-1 or Sukhoi Su-25 UBK (?) )

Any and all suggestions are welcomed!

Damian2

Some progress!

Got the internals painted and am waiting for the paint to dry before going on to the detail painting...

First up is the decals I'll be using...hmm cool colour scheme:

Next is the two fuselage halves, they look darker here than in reality...probably the flash...I'm going for the worn look:

The cockpit tub...more wear and tear to be added:

The front panel and extended divider:

And finally the seat:

Zac is doing the back story for this pirate killer...

:ar:  

Hatchet

Looking really good mate!

Maybe you can do the faired in cockpit with some tape? If it's applied carefully, it'll look like a couple of alu sheets replacing the glass. You'll need to be careful adding it tho'. Another option is just painting over the canopy, maybe scribe a couple of panel lines in it.

Can't wait to see more :ar:

:cheers:

Damian2

Ok got some more work done, got the seat painted as well as the rest of the 'pit and got the two items mated up:

and the CP, the screens still need to be filled in with clear green:

And the whole thing together...next I'll be tackling the pilot and getting him ready!

John Howling Mouse

Oh, you just know this is gonna turn out great!

:wub:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.