Main Menu

RAAF X-Wing

Started by mgp, March 07, 2006, 11:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lancer

I HATE the ARC-170. It's a nasty bastardization on the glorious Incom T-65 X-Wing.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Son of Damian

I thought that Australia already flew X-Wings??? :huh:  :wacko:  :blink:  Oh... I'm so confused?!?!? :wacko:  :blink:  :wacko:

"They stand in the unbroken line of patriots who have dared to die that freedom might live, and grow, and increase its blessings. Freedom lives, and through it, they live–
in a way that humbles the undertakings of most men."

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

mgp

QuoteI HATE the ARC-170. It's a nasty bastardization on the glorious Incom T-65 X-Wing.

Exactly! (We need a Hi 5 smilie) The X-Wing is a thing of beauty. The ARC-170 just looks like the illegitimate offspring of an X-Wing and a Pelican.   :o

Is it me, or does that alternative design look like some sort of futuristic Italian garden implement?

I've currently got the Revell Republic Star Destroyer on the workbench and I have to say it is one of the best sci-fi kits I have ever built. Fantastic detail, awesome fit and it just looks the part.  
Hominem Iniocosum Non Diffidite

John Howling Mouse

Man, between your model, MGP, and the other pics, I'm suffering sensory overload!  Now, I'm going back to your webpage again.

All too exciting!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

lancer

So, if theAussies have X-wings, do we assume that The indonesians have SFS TIE's???
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

BlackOps

Looks good!

Hey that reminds me, one of these days I need to get back to my Gripen Xwing.

Jeff G.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

r16

funny that the forum software warns me about posting in this and saying nobody has posted in this topic for 120 days but I am used to loneliness.

in the first page there is a mention of a databank , how do I get an account there ?

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

Madoc

Folks,

I'm with Damian!  I think the ARC-170 is uber cool!  So much so, in fact, that not only do I have three of those kits - I also have three of the interior / exterior detailing kits for them as well!  Yeah, big, oddly proportioned, and not nearly as sleek as the X-wing but they have a very functional charm to them that makes 'em prized!

Madoc
Wherever you go, there you are!

Sisko

Quote from: Jschmus on March 10, 2006, 01:27:30 AM
QuoteMaybe it is just me, but for some very odd reason the ARC-170 kind of reminds me of the Boulton Paul Defiant.  I have no idea why! B)
The guy who designed the ARC-170 said he was inspired by various World War II aircraft with all the crew seated under one long continuous canopy, so that's not too off-base.  Personally, I thought he was going for the TBF Avenger look, but the Defiant fits as well.  According to the Star Wars Databank, the name comes from the label for the concept art which spawned the design: ART-170.  The script for Ep III simply called them "clone fighters".

This piece of art was included in the Databank entry, one of those "road not taken" designs.  It would be harder to pull off as a model, but it looks pretty cool.

Man that is way cooler than anything I have seen that was "official"

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

r16

besides the beauty of it I would like to see the source site , though I fear it is the film's DVD or something like it

B777LR

Quote from: lancer on March 10, 2006, 01:14:34 PM
I HATE the ARC-170. It's a nasty bastardization on the glorious Incom T-65 X-Wing.

I love it. I like the big size. I LOVE heavyweight figher packing a punch!

gunfighter

I like this idea, so does Carlo Kopp...