FR-3K (naval P-47) artwork for coming project

Started by Gary F, March 08, 2006, 06:22:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary F

Since Jennings posted his profiles of some navalized P-47s a while back I've been considering such a project.  So, here's what I had in mind ... a drone controller/target tug version in the bright color schemes they used (USN) ... either dark gray or sea blue fuselage with yellow wings and horizontal tails, red stripes on wings, yellow and red tails, etc.  And, my first attempt at some color profiles to help me decide how to go.  The first is the sea blue fuselage version.  It's not complete but gives the idea.  The gray fuselage version needs just a bit more  work before posting.  (I certainly appreciate the work that some of you put into your art now   :wacko:  )

comments welcome

Gary F

Decided to toss the gray one up anyway.  The gray should be somewhat darker but just haven't matched it up properly yet, but you get the idea.

B777LR

I would like to see a naval P47 in a hellcat paintscheme, possibly a swap of paintscheme.

Radish

Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Gary F

And again, not finished, but getting closer ...
and finally finished the top view with some minor variations ... just to get a feel for some color combos ...

Gary F

One new possibility would be an FR-3 assigned to NAS South Park with the typical orange fuselage bands, and appropriate pilot and nose art ...

and it's finished  ... may just give this one a try with plastic ...

cthulhu77

Love that one...I can just hear him: "screw you guys, I'm going home!"

AeroplaneDriver

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

dragon

Overheard Radio Chatter:
"Oh my God, You've killed Kenny!"
"You fuzzy bunny!"
"As long as people are going to call you a lunatic anyway, why not get the benefits of it?  It liberates you from convention."- from the novel WICKED by Gregory Maguire.

"I must really be crazy to be in a looney bin like this" - Jack Nicholson in the movie ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST

Gary F

Thanks for the comments ... here's the final panel on the original plan ...

Gary F

Well, I finished the gray one so here it is.  I'm not completely happy with the main gray color but it's done at this point.
 So now, if I can find some white lettering, I plan to try the South Park one and either of the other two ... still trying to decide.

thanks for looking