In-progress pics of ''what-if'' hanger

Started by matrixone, March 12, 2006, 04:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

Hanger update pics...

This last pic is done with the camera placed inside the hanger looking out towards the airfield, I know this and the rest of these pics are crude but these are only test pictures that will allow me to see if some of these camera angles will work in future pictures. I have many different things I would like to try this year in my photography.

Matrixone

retro_seventies

QuoteI know this and the rest of these pics are crude
:wacko:

i've yet to see you take a crude photograph - and that hangar is looking GOOD  :wub:  
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

matrixone

Thanks retro_seventies!

All pictures today were very rushed, the weather was looking like it might rain (it never did!) very soon so I never got to play around with the focus on my camera, the shots from inside the hanger are not easy to do because I can't see what I am photographing very well. It is a problem I am working on but don't have an answer at this time but I will be trying out some ideas I have using mirrors.

I might be making another hanger soon, this one might show the roof partly blown apart from a fighter-bomber attack. Building a hanger with damage to the roof might look cool and would allow enough light to enter the inside of the hanger to see the aircraft inside. A perfect way to photograph my late war and Luft'46 models.

Matrixone

Brian da Basher

Looking good Matrixone! Those B&W shots look very authentic! I'm sure you could fool the heck out of a bunch of JMNs if you so choose.

Brian da Basher

John Howling Mouse

Utterly fantastic work, there, Matrixone!

I still say that your quality deserves the best diorama trees money can buy.  Maybe some of us could each mail you one or two as patrons of your art?
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

matrixone

Thanks Brian and John!

John,
I did not have time to set things up like I wanted to so thats why the old trees are as visable in these pics shot today, these old trees will be phased out and replaced by some from Scenic Express, they are expensive but look pretty good.

Next time I am able to get outside and take some new pics I intend to not have those trees in my shots, todays pics were test shots just to see how things might look when its finished.

Matrixone  

Brian da Basher

Wow Matrixone I love that little Arado there. I can almost see Donald Sutherland boarding it for his clandestine trip into East Anglia in "The Eagle Has Landed".

Brian da Basher

K5054NZ

Veeeeeeeeery niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice! Matrix, you my friend are the Monet, Van Gogh and Picasso of model photography! I would glady donate diorama trees to your cause...........if I could afford them...........

I must get me one of those hangars! Paint it up slightly rusted etc, looking reay for my fleet of vintage/warbird planes! Strikemaster and K5054, here we come!

Dork the kit slayer

QuoteUtterly fantastic work, there, Matrixone!

Got to agree with this......excellent work :o

In hushed whisper: "lets get 'im at playtime." :P  
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

lancer

Yet again Matrix, you amaze and awe me with your builds and photography. That hanger is simply superb.  
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

cthulhu77

mind reeling...must...get drink...stunned...

Unbelievable as always. You have set a new standard for model photography, and certainly have inspired a bunch of us to take a new look at how we display our kits.  If there was an award, you should get it.

greg

glanini

Great........................ Once I was a modeller I made a Diorama of a RAF base during the Battle of Britain, but this is absolutely lovely. :wub:  : :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  
... The hottest places in Hell are reserved for the ones who, in times of great moral crisis, stay neutral ..........

matrixone

Thanks everybody for the kind words!

That little Arado Ar96 is from the KP kit and is one of my oldest models, a very cheap kit but it was fun to build and would like to build another someday. I would like to build more Luftwaffe trainers, not many are being built.

Today on my lunch break I was looking through the Scenic Express catalog and spotted some ready made trees that might work with my photobase, its a good thing I got my tax refund because these things are expensive! I will order the trees next Friday.

Matrixone

BlackOps

That is just completely SICK!   And I mean that in a good way ;)

I can't imagine even attempting an undertaking such as this, let alone pulling it off so brilliantly. Well Done!

Jeff G.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.