New Project - Macross YF-21 progress pics

Started by BlackOps, March 13, 2006, 07:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackOps

Well, I figured I was overdue to post some pics so I thought I'd share a few progress pics with the group.

1st pic is of the pilot...1/72 is great for display but I sure feel like my painting skills are a bit shakey at this size.

2nd pic is the top view and nose gear.

3rd pic is the bottom view and cockpit.

And last but not least...here is the part where I believe I may have gone mad...a pic of my proposed paint scheme  :blink:

Why do I do these things to myself? Isn't it bad enough the kit is molded in bright blue?

Jeff G.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

dexter059

not crazy at all....yet  :D

If you want paint schemes, I posted a few days ago some very interested profiles for macross aircrafts here

cheers and looking forward to see it finished :cheers:  

rallymodeller

Some other pre-RDF Macross alternative paint schemes here. (courtesy of artiste and modeler extraordinaire Robb "Kylwell" Merrill. He did these in response to a conversation we had about how crappy the original SV-51 Gamma Nora scheme was (Fuschisia? WTF?).)

He also did a set of decals for all the variants available from the Starship Modeler Store.

Fave one?

Oh yeah... :wub:  :wub:  
--Jeremy

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...

More into Flight Sim reskinning these days, but still what-iffing... Leading Edge 3D

Captain Canada

Mad ? Maybe madder, you've got madder, or is it gotten madder, gone madder, or more mad ?

One of those........

Beauty kit !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Damian2

Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

BlackOps

[/QUOTE]COOOL! A YF-21 Pimpfighter!

:lol: That is now it's official designation! the YF-21 Pimpfighter!  

Jeff G.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Damian2

COOOL! A YF-21 Pimpfighter!

Jeff G.
Thanx...I have my moments! :D
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

lancer

COOOL! A YF-21 Pimpfighter!

Jeff G.
Thanx...I have my moments! :D
But you're still on the tablets for those right???
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Eddie M.

Very cool looking B) . Considering what I've seen in the past, you should have no problem reproducing that scheme. :) Looking forward to the finished product.
    Eddie  
Look behind you!