Me-262 and derivatives

Started by GTX, March 14, 2006, 02:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maverick

Love the second one Greg.  You should toss in the nachtjager's twin seats & radar.

Regards,

Mav

sequoiaranger

I have several 1/72 Me-262's lying around (Special Hobby 3-seat swept-wing, MPM Glass-nose, Hasegawa and Jo-han "regular"), and have been looking for the "perfect" whif that wouldn't likely have been done already. Maybe I have hit on it. My "Me-2262" would incorporate the three-seat fighter version with the swept wings (will be "normal" sweep with Su-25 root extensions) and sunk-in-the-fuselage jets with the "glass-nose" bomber version, additional underwing jet engines, plus bits and pieces of anything else I can throw in.  It will be a little longer and have greater wingspan than any "regular" Me-262. I am thinking three tandem under-fuselage bomb racks like a Sturmvogel-on-steroids, fairly wide-track undercarriage ("standard" Me-262 wings attached outboard of a wing-root extension from an SU-25), and four engines. As part of the backstory I am proposing that, in desperation and an attitude of "mix it up a bit and keep them off-balance", Hitler now demands that Messerschmitt build bombers, and Heinkel build fighters!! Both companies scramble to come up with something using existing designs and components, thus easing production disruptions. This results in my He-1062 contraprop, and now this super-Me-262.

My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

dumaniac

lots of good conversions there - I have done some but there are lots more 262 variants

thanks everyone

Bernie

GTX

A different approach to the Me 262 A-2a/U2:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Maverick

Much more streamlined, although I wonder if the bombardier would have enough room?  ISTR the glass nose 262 as being cramped enough.

Regards,

Mav

GTX

I have stretched the nose and it would still be a prone position.

Maverick

G'day Greg, I realise you've stretched it, but given that the original's canopy line was pretty much level with the top of the fuse, a streamlined design would encroach rather a bit I'd think.

Regards,

Mav

The Wooksta!

Not enough room for the bombsight.  Well, there is, but not enough room for the bomb aimer to use it.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

GTX

Something I found online - cool!

Regards,

Greg

leptiprince

An inexhaustible subject I'm doing my own derivatives Me-262 and much more projects and ideas on my website http://www.lhirondelle-me262.eu/

Happy Modelling

ericr

Quote from: GTX on August 12, 2011, 02:41:24 PM
Something I found online - cool!

I like that image ... I built a pair of hybrids, symmetrically, around this shark idea ...

Eric

ericr

Quote from: leptiprince on June 09, 2013, 06:18:09 AM

An inexhaustible subject I'm doing my own derivatives Me-262 and much more projects and ideas on my website http://www.lhirondelle-me262.eu/

Happy Modelling

I love the floatplane version!
I tried a floatplane derivative too, some time back, of the glass-nosed version :

NARSES2

Swedish torpedo floatplane is fantastic  :bow: and I love the captured nightfighter
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

rickshaw

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 10, 2013, 07:39:14 AM
Swedish torpedo floatplane is fantastic  :bow: and I love the captured nightfighter

Even more interesting is that it appear to have been captured by SEAC AITU (Allied Technical Air Intelligence Unit), so that means in Burma/Malaya/Singapore/Indonesia/Vietnam...
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

NARSES2

Quote from: rickshaw on June 10, 2013, 05:47:49 PM
Quote from: NARSES2 on June 10, 2013, 07:39:14 AM

Even more interesting is that it appear to have been captured by SEAC AITU (Allied Technical Air Intelligence Unit), so that means in Burma/Malaya/Singapore/Indonesia/Vietnam...

Yup, it was used to try and defend Haiphong (forgive spelling) against all those nocturnal Lancs and Lincs  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.