Me-262 and derivatives

Started by GTX, March 14, 2006, 02:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archibald

Sorry to hijack the thread... I thinks its because of that

Didn't saw the difference between Blackhawk and Black Hawk... very subtile!!!  

...or that...

Very nice,particularly when one knows that the J-29 was a Ta-183 derivative  

I stop hijacking this thread after this post, I promise :)
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Tophe

Quotethanks!!! Have you ever seen the training version of the Il-28 Beagle? just get ride of the the "ordinary" cocpit and you have a beautiful plane (Il-28U Mascot... )
Going back to the thread: here is the single-seat front Il-28V (from http://www.simonb6.co.uk/2003-01/MLP-90S3-1.jpg )... less sexy than the prone seat-less Meteor, I think... Thanks anyway.

QuoteApparently there WAS a conversion for it.  I know someone who has one.
Question to the Wooksta!: is the model of the Prone Meteor a vacform (alas) or injected (great!)?
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

redgriffins38

Well so I am new to this forum but i was told that you all could help me out with a project I am working on. I am building a Me 262 into a carrier aircraft. So fare I am making it a turbo prop by using the Unicraft Conversion Kit for this. I am also working on a new canopy that will side back. I am open to any other ideas that someone may have. Also I can't figuer out how I want to paint it up to look like. If anyone has any ideas what might like good I am open for ideas.

;DThanks!

Maverick

Hi & Welcome aboard,

RLM 72 & 73 are usually considered 'maritime' colours and the transition to KM doesn't seem to great a stretch,  I've done quite a few different types in what I like to call 'early' & 'late' schemes over on my thread (http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,13993.2490.html) although you'll have to wade through a few pages to find the KM types unless you utilise the search engine.  Failing that, this is a list of the types I've done:

B5N1 (German Stores), Kriegsmarine
B5N2 (German Stores), Kriegsmarine
D3A2 (German Stores), Kriegsmarine
D3Y1 (German Stores), Kriegsmarine
F1M2, Kriegsmarine x 2
J1N1, Kriegsmarine
J2M3, Kriegsmarine x 2
Ka-15, Kriegsmarine x 2
He-70 (Carrier Mods), Kriegsmarine Pre War
He-118 (Carrier Mods), Kriegsmarine Pre War
He-118 (Carrier Mods & Torpedo), Kriegsmarine Pre War
Ki-74, Kriegsmarine
Su-12, Kriegsmarine

If you can't find them but are interested, PM me and I'll get you pointed in the right direction.

Regards,

Mav

GTX

Here's one Richards (akak Gekko_1) did earlier:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

GTX

Hi folks,

I couldn't find a thread dedicated to the Me-262 and/or derivatives so here goes.

Here's an idea I've been playing with for another project - a Turboprop version of the Me P.1099 (which was itself a derivative of the Me-262 - it utilised the wings and tail of the Me 262).  The plan is that this is would be a carrier based bomber, somewhat similar to the North American AJ Savage:

Regards,

Greg

GTX

Another idea is for this turboprop Me-262 ground attack aircraft.  Maybe as the ultimate Ju-87 replacement:

The turboprops giving longer endurance in the ground attack role with the added benefit of tail guns.  Note also the attached RATO for added boost with a large bomb load.

Regards,

Greg

GTX

How about a dedicated prone piloted Me-262:

Regards,

Greg

GTX

Or maybe someone wanted a turboprop version giving better forward visibility:

Regards,

Greg

dy031101

Is there any variant seating more than 2?
To the individual soldiers, *everything* is a frontal assault!

====================

Current Hobby Priority...... Sigh......

To-do list here

sagallacci

The various '262B3 and beyond nightfighters were three seaters, though had a stretched fuselage to accomodate them.

GTX

Yes, there were a number of Me-262 derivatives with 3 seats.

Regards,

Greg

GTX

Maybe a very crude ejection seat testbed:

Regards,

Greg

luft46models

Gtx,

Love the design.

I have a Revell Me P1099 part built that I started around 5 odd years ago. I used the Unicrap turboprop and had planned it as a nightfighter with a long nose radar like the late war Ju88/388. Never got finished as the Unicrap turbo conversion is a piece of poo-poo (with an english accent). PSR ad infinitum  :banghead:. I hope one day I'll get it finished but too many other good kits in front of it ;D

William in Oz

kitnut617

Quote from: GTX on March 23, 2008, 02:54:08 PM
Another idea is for this turboprop Me-262 ground attack aircraft.  Maybe as the ultimate Ju-87 replacement:

The turboprops giving longer endurance in the ground attack role with the added benefit of tail guns.  Note also the attached RATO for added boost with a large bomb load.

Regards,

Greg

I've got the Unicraft conversion to do most of this one Greg,  the rear facing gun blisters are a thought though, hmmm! They should be on a bit of an angle as the fuselage is triangular at that point where you have them.  It's a three seater too.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike