Me-262 and derivatives

Started by GTX, March 14, 2006, 02:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

GTX

QuoteOr a V-Tail one,

Well there was a proposed single seat V-tail one:

I'll see about doing a two seat variant.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

GTX

There were also some proposed variants with different engines:

Note - these last ones aren't my work.

Regards,

Greg

jcf

Quote from: GTX on April 04, 2008, 01:58:21 PM
QuoteSingle engine variant using the same general layout?

How's this - it's got the more swept wing of the HGIII variant:

Regards,

Greg

Looks like it got rear-ended by a Grumman.  ;D

Jumo's projected 109-004H engine of 1,800 kp (3,970lb) static thrust could be a choice for the single engined design, it was to be the same diameter as the 004B and only slightly longer, 4 meters versus 3.86 for the 004B.

Jon

Mossie

Found a Zwilling.

The modeler calls it an Me-462, he's done a few whiffs.  Web page here:
http://home.wanadoo.nl/thraex/wings/axis.html
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

GTX

QuoteLooks like it got rear-ended by a Grumman.

There may have been a liaison... ;D

Regards,

Greg

GTX

QuoteFSW as a fighter follow on from the Ju-287?

How's this (it's a bit crude I think) - even has a Ju-287 in Mistel form:

Regards,

Greg

HOG

Hoyhoy`al

First off
NONEof these are mine.
When I troll the web I find stuff - I collect stuff. It all goes into a file as inspiration for projects or as stuff I just like. The first model I have no recollection of where it came from but the second set of pic`s I remember came from the Fine Scale Modellerforum

A  Zwilling. Liked the Ar234 engine pods

A Zwilling Mistel. Can`t really see the need for two explosive fuselages, perhaps one is a tanker, BUT THIS IS IN 1/144! :o :o :o :o :o
H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

GTX

QuoteOr a V-Tail one, with the second pilot being a gunner looking back, like on those old bombers?

Well this is something like that - it has a V-tail and a gunner looking back.  Maybe after a few years, the Luftwaffe wanted a fast ground attack aircraft (hence the HGIII basis), but with heavier armament (6 cannon in nose).  Maybe even the old WGr 21. rocket finds a use in the ground attack role?  Whatever, the reason, this is the result:

I think it looks a little like the Il-40/102 designs.

Regards,

Greg

GTX

QuoteWhy not a maritime patrol one, with propelers, longer fuselage and mines and torpedoes under the wings?

No torps, I'm afraid, but still how is this?  I figure it's about the same era as the early P-2 Neptunes (hence the top turret).  There would also be a wing extension between the engines and fuselage.  BTW - the extreme nose is now perspex.

Regards,

Greg

GTX

Quotedrone conversion

Like this maybe?

Regards

Greg

GTX

Maybe a single engined variant with a V-tail:

Regards,