Me-262 and derivatives

Started by GTX, March 14, 2006, 02:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTX

Quote from: Arc3371 on April 10, 2008, 03:26:49 PM
The V-tail is very tasty

Which particular V-tail one would that be?

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

kitbasher

Quote from: GTX on April 04, 2008, 06:07:29 PM
QuoteWhy not a maritime patrol one, with propelers, longer fuselage and mines and torpedoes under the wings?
No torps, I'm afraid, but still how is this?  I figure it's about the same era as the early P-2 Neptunes (hence the top turret).  There would also be a wing extension between the engines and fuselage.  BTW - the extreme nose is now perspex.

Looks not unlike a North American AJ/A-2 Savage.
Love the Zwilling Mistel!
;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

GTX

I actually thought my first post in this thread was closer to the Savage.

Regards,

Greg

Arc3371

Quote from: GTX on April 04, 2008, 11:46:34 PM
Maybe a single engined variant with a V-tail:

Regards,

Greg

This one

GTX

No worries - I'm also working up a plan view of that one.

Regards,

Greg

Arc3371

That would make a nice postwar version with the AAM´s, Argentina? Spain? Egypt?

GTX

Going the other way - what if the jets never quite made it - could the Me-262 have been put into service with piston engines?

It's crude I know.

Regards,

Greg

Brian da Basher

You may think it's crude, but it's my favorite one yet!

Brian da Basher

GTX

Well, you should like these then - an improved single seater and a nightfighter:

Regards,

Greg

GTX

And continuing the current theme:

Regards,

Greg

Maverick

I gotta say Greg, some of these 262 derivs are very tasty indeed.  The 410 powerplants look right at home on 'em.  That nachtjager is amongst the best yet.

Regards,

Mav

kitbasher

Quote from: GTX on April 11, 2008, 01:36:43 PM
I actually thought my first post in this thread was closer to the Savage.
So you did, and I'd forgotten that one. ;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Brian da Basher

That last one reminds me of the carrier-borne Mosquito variant (name escapes me now). Mav is spot-on, those 410 power plants are a natural on the 262 airframe!

Excellent work, Greg!
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Mossie

Well, there's the Sea Mosquito, but I guess you mean the Sea Hornet?  The Hornet, although not strictly a development of the Mossie did follow a definate line.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

GTX

Of course DB605s weren't the only engines trialed:

Regards,

Greg