Me-262 and derivatives

Started by GTX, March 14, 2006, 02:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

Now that makes for a very different look. :ph34r:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

GTX

And lets not forget the high speed torpedo bomber:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Maverick

That torpedo ship is too cool Greg,

Methinks you're gonna have to start colouring these.

Regards,

Mav

kitnut617

Quote from: GTX on April 14, 2008, 01:14:46 AM
Of course DB605s weren't the only engines trialed:

Regards,

Greg

I would stick with the tricycle u/c and have the mains in the engine nacelles for prop to ground clearance.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

jcf

Quote from: GTX on April 12, 2008, 03:46:50 PM
Going the other way - what if the jets never quite made it - could the Me-262 have been put into service with piston engines?

It's crude I know.

Regards,

Greg

Most likely it would not have had the swept wing.

Trike gear is a maybe.

Where are the radiators?

Jon

GTX

QuoteI would stick with the tricycle u/c and have the mains in the engine nacelles for prop to ground clearance.

Already planned - I figure the first tail dragger version was a prototype.

Regards,

Greg

GTX

QuoteMost likely it would not have had the swept wing.

Trike gear is a maybe.

Where are the radiators?

I've left the swept wing - If I recall, it was there just as much for weight & balance as anything else.

Long, stalky tricycle gear was planned.

Radiators are between the engines.

Regards,

Greg

GTX

Yet another engine trial:

Regards,

Greg

GTX

Quote from: Maverick on April 14, 2008, 02:27:08 PM
That torpedo ship is too cool Greg,

Methinks you're gonna have to start colouring these.

Regards,

Mav

One thing at a time ;D

Regards,

Greg

jcf

Quote from: GTX on April 15, 2008, 01:58:59 AM
QuoteMost likely it would not have had the swept wing.

Trike gear is a maybe.

Where are the radiators?

I've left the swept wing - If I recall, it was there just as much for weight & balance as anything else.

Long, stalky tricycle gear was planned.

Radiators are between the engines.

Regards,

Greg

The 18.5 degree sweep was introduced on the outer panels of an originally straight wing to shift the center of lift because the Jumo turbojet came in heavier than expected. The DBs are not mounted in the same position or fashion as the Jumo so the weight and balance would be completely different. The swept outer panels of the Me 210 turned out to be the source of some of its problems, thus the redesign on the 410.

Maybe 410 style wings/engine installation/landing gear on a 262 fuselage? It would work best for the forward cockpit heavy-fighter and schnellbomber designs.

Jon

Mossie

I particularly like the Jagtfaust bomber destroyer variant with the Schrage Musik style rocket instalation in the nose.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

ysi_maniac

Hi Greg(GTX),

Your designs are really inspiring :bow: :thumbsup:
Will die without understanding this world.

Mossie

Quote from: The Wooksta! on April 18, 2008, 04:47:33 AM
I don't see the point of it at all - you get less rate of fire than with 4 30mm cannon and why fit it onto a two seater in the first place?

Better off with the stretched fuselage of the Me 262B-2a but with the single seat cockpit nose of the Me 262 Schnellbomber proposal, with two 30mm MK 213 aft.  The stretch would accommodate a lot of fuel and more ammo.

That's probably the reason, you'd be able to fit rockets in without a stretch & adding more weight & structure.  The weight of the rockets would be less than four 30mm too.

jcf

I don't believe that those are rockets, it may be a misinterpretation of the 30mm SG 116 recoilless system, or I suppose he could be showing a battery of 77mm SG 113, but that would make the aircraft exceedingly nose heavy.

Jon