Phanciful Phantoms

Started by Nigel Bunker, March 16, 2006, 12:16:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nigel Bunker

Some pictures of an 899 NAS F-4(HL) based on the Fujimi kit with fuselage extension and bigger wings and tailplanes.

And what if the RAF had chosen an 'off the shelf' F-4E instead of the F-4M. Based on the old hasegawa kit.

And here's the pair together.

Coming soon - RAF Phantom FR.3.

PS sorry for picture quality - I'll try and replace them with better ones in the next week or so.
Life's too short to apply all the stencils

F-32

Lovely :wub:

Seeing them both together really brings home the changes made.

B777LR

is that really a streched phantom? only WHIFF i can see about that is wingtips. Is that other phantom also a whiff?

Spellbinder99

B777LR, if he said he did, he did.
Don't sound so positive about the subject in your posts, you may and will be proved wrong.

Cheers

Tony

Patrick H

Lovely Phantoms. Couldn't see the stretched thingy at first but seeing them together realy shows where F4(HL) was "stretched"

:cheers:

Patrick
My webpage

The engines spit out fire, I'm pushed back in my chair
The pressure gives me thrills as we climb in the air

AeroplaneDriver

Wow thats a big Phantom!

Phantoms just look so right in RN colors, but I can also imagine that one in USAF SEA como carrying an enormous load of bombs on a Rolling Thunder mission.

Also love the RAF dealie!

Great job on both!

:wub:  
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Nigel Bunker

B777LR

Obtain a copy of 'McDonnell F-4 Phantom: Spirit in the Skies by Jon Lake & David Donald. Using small plans inside, producw 1/72 scale plans.

Take one Fujimi Phantom FG.1. Cut fuselage and extend by scale 15". Cut tips off wings and extend wings forward to match plan. Scratchbuild new wingtips. Scratchbuild new tailplanes. Do lots of filling and sanding. Finish assembling kit. Paint and decal.

Now you have a go.

Nigel

P.s. I see from an earlier post
Quotei need glasses
your words not mine.
Life's too short to apply all the stencils

NARSES2

Posed together really shows the difference Nigel - great stuff
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mike Wren

very nice Nigel, can't wait for some better pics to do them full justice though...   :wub:  

cthulhu77

Wow...never even knew they existed !  Great looking jet there, sir...and the camo is perfection itself.

greg

AeroplaneDriver

Quoteis that really a streched phantom? only WHIFF about that is wingtips.
triple7,

This is a great group that freely gives and takes criticism, when it is constructive and helpful.

There are modelers on this board who can take a pine board and a bottle of paste and probuce a realistic representation of some prototype that never got beyond a three-view.  Take a look at some of Thorvic's work to see what kind of talents are on this board.  Yet even the most talented styrene-god on here will comment positively on another member's quick, crude build with a few whif decals.  Given the kind of atmosphere that we all foster on here some of your comments dont seem appropiate.

Your tone so far on this board has been more negative than we are used to.  You may want to work on that.

As Nigel suggests, if you don't think that awesome Phantom he built is whiffed enough, please feel free to show us how he should have done it.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Brian da Basher

Nigel, that's one beautiful Stretch Phantom there! It looks sweet in Royal Navy colors! I particularly like the last shot because it highlights all your great modifications. Very nice work!

Brian da Basher

B777LR

sorry for sounding negative, i just pointed out that it didnt look stretched to me, and hoped he would tell where and how much it was streched. at closer inspection it seems a bit longer than that comparison, and it looks very nice.

cthulhu77

Well, I was the one who urged staying calm...but really, triple 7, you need to watch what you type.
  This group is rather tightly knit, and we tend to try to support each other, not knock each other down...it's a very good life skill.

Hatchet

QuoteWell, I was the one who urged staying calm...but really, triple 7, you need to watch what you type.
  This group is rather tightly knit, and we tend to try to support each other, not knock each other down...it's a very good life skill.
Gentlemen, while I agree that triple7 sounded a bit negative in his post, you need to remember that his (and mine, by the way) first language isn't English but Danish. Sometimes, we'll forget a word or use a 'wrong' word because we don't know any better ;)

:cheers: