Vac kits, any thing I should know about?

Started by Shasper, October 28, 2002, 03:54:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff_B

Hi Ves

Its mainly in the parts preparation and construction, the parts need to be cut away from the backing sheet and carefully sanded down to the correct depth, especially on trailing edges. The stucture also needs to be stregthened as there are no guidence lugs or supprts for wings, tailplanes and undercarriage.

The clue is too be carefull and think about construction as you build.

ARC may have some building guidlines to vacforms especially the 1/48 Dynavector stuff.

If looking at Hannants have a look at maintracks Project X stuff - a great source for what if modellers (Hawker 1154's 1121s, SR177 etc, etc)

Nigel Bunker

There were some 1/72 vac form heavies but I can't remember who made them.

I made the Nimrod and VC-10. The wings were sanded using a Bosch Power Sander - I didn't have the energy to do it by hand.

Unfortunatley, the removal men did for these and a number of other models when we moved house. I have the bits in the loft but not the enthusiasm to mend them.
Life's too short to apply all the stencils

Super65

QuoteIf looking at Hannants have a look at maintracks Project X stuff - a great source for what if modellers
The only reason Welsh caught my eye is 'cause they have those great brit heavies (Nimrod, Victor, ect) in 1/144 :) . Now unless theres a injected alternative....................... :s

Ves  :G

:pl
:pl