Main Menu

Dreamstar

Started by Eddie M., March 25, 2006, 02:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie M.

While MSN messy downloaded on to my computer, I had PLENTY of time to start on the Dreamstar( or my vision of it as it were  ;) ) This is an airplane from the book by Dale Brown called " Day of the Cheetah " Even though it doesn't exist, I'll do my best to do it justice :) It's 1:48, so it a big one. :party:
   Eddie
Look behind you!

The Rat

I see another masterpiece in the offing...  :wub:  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

John Howling Mouse

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

SimonR

Looks suberb! Sinister, yet graceful...
Simon

This is the curse of speed;  I have been a slave to it all my life. On my gravestone they will carve 'It never got fast enough for me'.
Hunter S. Thompson

Eddie M.

QuoteEddie, Zac's ego is bad enough as it is - DON'T encourage him!
:lol: I'm trying to distract him..... ;)  
Look behind you!

PolluxDeltaSeven

Beautiful plane Eddie!!

But what about the other beauty!? You remember? The fighter with a third engine (F-16 inlet if I good remember) on the top of the rear fuselage??
I don't remember what plane's part are used in it, just remember it was a real beauty!! And everybody agreeded!! :wub:  
"laissez mes armées être les rochers et les arbres et les oiseaux dans le ciel"
-Charlemagne-

Coming Soon in Alternate History:
-Battlefleet Galactica
-Republic of Libertalia: a modern Pirate Story

Eddie M.

QuoteBeautiful plane Eddie!!

But what about the other beauty!? You remember? The fighter with a third engine (F-16 inlet if I good remember) on the top of the rear fuselage??
I don't remember what plane's part are used in it, just remember it was a real beauty!! And everybody agreeded!! :wub:
Very observate. Yes, I took parts from that plane, but I've got a brand new Hornet to restart the Scrambled fighter. I plan on changing the intakes on the Dreamstar and these wings could end up back on the Scrambled Fighter. This is a mock up. Believe me, it will change over time. ^_^
     Eddie
Look behind you!

cthulhu77

Yipes!  Brown is going to have to hire you guys!

Shasper

Geez, looks like I'm going to dig into my DB files again..........

Great job Eddie, how are you going to 'do' the VTOL system on her?

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Eddie M.

QuoteGeez, looks like I'm going to dig into my DB files again..........

Great job Eddie, how are you going to 'do' the VTOL system on her?

Shas B)
Well, I'm going to have to go back and re-read it to see what else I can do to help it follow the books discription. One thing I don't think I'll try to replicate is the vertical stabs telescoping though tthe body to extend out of the bottom during high AOA. The wings are in for a tweaking also.  
Look behind you!

K5054NZ

^_^ Thanks guys! Consider my considerable ego flatlined!

Eddie, it's great to see you start on her at last! Fantastic stuff.

My companion to this build, a 1:72 F-15F "Cheetah", will soon be underway, once a certain Airfix kit is out of the way......pics as it happens!

Eddie M.

^_^ Thanks guys! Consider my considerable ego flatlined!
I'm just poking fun,see?( poke, poke) Don't change a thing Zac, we like you the way you are! B) You ARE the great Motivator! :)
Eddie  
Look behind you!

KiwiZac

BUMP! The Great Motivator demands progress reports! :P

And yes, my F-15F is stalled too!.....and again yes, I AM rereading DotC at the mo!
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Deino

Quote from: Eddie M. on March 25, 2006, 02:06:56 PM
While MSN messy downloaded on to my computer, I had PLENTY of time to start on the Dreamstar( or my vision of it as it were  ;) ) This is an airplane from the book by Dale Brown called " Day of the Cheetah " Even though it doesn't exist, I'll do my best to do it justice :) It's 1:48, so it a big one. :party:
   Eddie

Hey ... very nice !

It reminds me on one of the FSW-fighter designs made by AvPro a long time ago. If I'm right, then it was called the "Archangel" !

Look here: 2. post ...

http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,6463.0.html

Deino    :wub:
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
For nothing now can ever come to any good.
-
W.H.Auden (1945

Eddie M.

Thanks for bringing this one back to my attention. :mellow: Just about every part of the Dreamstar has gone on to find life in another build, but after seeing it again, I might consider a revised version.
Look behind you!