Main Menu

Dreamstar

Started by Eddie M., March 25, 2006, 02:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChernayaAkula

This design is definitely worth a revive!  :o :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Mossie

Look forward to seeing it Eddie, I've wondered about doing an XF-34 myself.  My approach would have been quite different, but I like the look of yours, interesting to see how the new version pans out!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

KiwiZac

My idea is to take an X-29 and an F-16, with Hornet vertstabs......hmm....wonder if I still have that X-29 somewhere...
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Sauragnmon

Eddie, that plane looks good... you might actually make a (c)Raptor look beautiful!  That'd take a lot of plastic a lot of putty and a very big sledgehammer, but if anybody can do it, You can.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

noxioux

Maybe a Dale Brown GB could be considered down the road?  Food for thought.

tigercat2

Your Dreamstart looks great!!! What are the various components that make it up?

Wes W.

Eddie M.

Thanks Wes,
  That was one of the ideas that never made it to the finished product. It was made up of parts from the F-5/15/16/22. It ended up becoming part of an Internation Build I did with John Howling Mouse and SimonR ( I'll find photos later) and the 31 Flavor Flankenstein.

Look behind you!

tigercat2

Forgive my ignorance, but what is that super-looking black plane with the red stars?  It is not the same as the photo posted at the beginning of this, thread, I believe.

Wes W.

Eddie M.

Quote from: tigercat2 on March 27, 2009, 12:41:20 PM
Forgive my ignorance, but what is that super-looking black plane with the red stars?  It is not the same as the photo posted at the beginning of this, thread, I believe.

Wes W.

That is the 31 Flavor Flankenstein, of which many of the parts of the Dreamstar were used in it's construction. :)
Look behind you!

noxioux

That is just plain beautiful. :wub:

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on March 19, 2009, 06:47:15 AM

Have to agree with him.  Realizing that most of the parts have since gone into other projects, this IS something you might want to keep in mind
as further parts become available.  What were the kits involved, again?
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Eddie M.

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on March 28, 2009, 09:46:39 AM
Quote from: ChernayaAkula on March 19, 2009, 06:47:15 AM

Have to agree with him.  Realizing that most of the parts have since gone into other projects, this IS something you might want to keep in mind
as further parts become available.  What were the kits involved, again?

That would be the F-5 forward fuselage, F-22 main fuselage, F-16 main wings, F-15 main wings and F/A-18 elevons attached. I'll have to go back and see if anything was added to the underside. :)
Look behind you!

KiwiZac

Only one thing: bear in mind DB described her as a single-engine ship, with an undernose intake.....
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: KiwiZac on March 28, 2009, 04:47:52 PM
Only one thing: bear in mind DB described her as a single-engine ship, with an undernose intake.....

Eddie, whatever you do: please, please, please stick with the concept you showed here-----pure styrene magic, as is, baby!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Eddie M.

Here's the International GB finished product. I call it the Scrambled Fighter because of all the part used in the construction.. Here's where the other half of the parts went from the Dreamstar.

Look behind you!