Main Menu

Dreamstar

Started by Eddie M., March 25, 2006, 02:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XP67_Moonbat

Very good job! Me, I am currently working on an AutoCAD representation of DreamStar. At the moment, I'm still working out a final configuration on the tail for the plane. When I finalize it, I might post it on here.

If you want to see the early versions made so far, I already posted them on www.secretprojects.co.uk. The thread is called DREAMSTAR-------------Retractable Tails

Moonbat

XP67_Moonbat

I figured I'd just save you guys the trouble and put them on here too. Enjoy! ;D

Eddie M.

Those are very good drawings!! :mellow:

After a fruitless search for a new F-5 donor, I'm going to plan Bravo.

I'll use this F-5 and since I blacked out the cockpit years ago, I'll change it except a low profile F-16 type canopy. ;D
Look behind you!

Zaskar24

Quote from: Eddie M. on March 28, 2009, 07:51:30 PM
Here's the International GB finished product. I call it the Scrambled Fighter because of all the part used in the construction.. Here's where the other half of the parts went from the Dreamstar.

Eddie,
     What did you use for the wings for this?  I really like how this project came out and am looking forward to the new Dreamstar.

Scott

Eddie M.

Scott,
   Those are F-15 wings turned backwards and a chuck cut out of it to make the angle. I'm looking forward to this new build as well. My skills have gotten a little better since then, so I might be able to put out a decent looking jet.
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

Thanks to a good friend and plastic benefactor, the assembly of parts for the Dreamstar II is all but complete. :mellow:

For your amusement until I fire up the Dremel, here is an old photo I found recently of my "shelf" from around 74-75. I saved everyone from splitting a gut by editting the Elton John picture out of the frame. :lol:

Look behind you!

cthulhu77

"rocket maaaa-aaaa-aaaaa-aaan!"

John Howling Mouse

Good to hear DreamStar's a go, Eddie.   :thumbsup:

In your old bedroom picture, what is the thing with the three yellow lightning bolts?  Some sort of Blue Angels stand even back then? 
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Zaskar24

Very cool Eddie.  I am looking forward to seeing the finished product.  It also gave me an idea for FSW wings for a project I have in mind.

Scott

Eddie M.

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on May 13, 2009, 06:29:55 PM
Good to hear DreamStar's a go, Eddie.   :thumbsup:

In your old bedroom picture, what is the thing with the three yellow lightning bolts?  Some sort of Blue Angels stand even back then? 

You are correct! It was supposed to have four F-4 displayed on each bolt. Due to a misapplication to glue (i.e. way to much) it melted in serveral key places. It would be cool to see that kit again! The thing that got me was the aircraft carriers. Who knew my future would have so much to do with them?

Hoping to finsh my real world Little Big E and after that, it back to cuttin' plastic!
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

Quote from: Zaskar24 on May 13, 2009, 07:30:40 PM
Very cool Eddie.  I am looking forward to seeing the finished product.  It also gave me an idea for FSW wings for a project I have in mind.

Scott

Thank you! Looking forward to see your work as it progresses. :)
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

Quote from: cthulhu77 on May 12, 2009, 06:00:30 PM
"rocket maaaa-aaaa-aaaaa-aaan!"

It'll take you a couple of vodka and tonics
To set you on your feet again

;D
Look behind you!

cthulhu77

a couple? at least !!!!  and some percs !

of course, I am just sitting up here in my tin can, far above the world.  (yeah ,I know, different song and artist, but it is running through the swiss cheese of my mind)

Eddie M.

Good news! The parts for the Dreamstar redux have been amassed and the rip saw fired up. This will be an international effort and I'm very excited to move forward with this project. ;D Here are some of the parts getting ready to go under the knife.

Look behind you!

Mossie

Ahh, you're finally getting around to this one!  :Sits down, pulls up a chair:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.