Main Menu

Dreamstar

Started by Eddie M., March 25, 2006, 02:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Howling Mouse

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

sotoolslinger

My Master  ;D I have an F-5 in 1/48 if you need it. :thumbsup:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Eddie M.

Finally, some progress! ;D There are some very high standards that I want to hit with this one, so I'm measuring twice and cutting once. :thumbsup:

The wings have turned out to be a little more labor intensive than I remember. I guess because I'm trying to do it right. I used the leading edge of the Rapter wing and applied to the new wing. I'm also going to use a portion of the F-22 elevon to make one of the control surfaces on the new wings. My partner in crime can chime in anytime he likes. :ph34r:

Look behind you!

Jeffry Fontaine

Eddie, most impressive.  I am constantly amazed at what you can create from parts without the benefit of recreational pharmaceuticals ;^)
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Eddie M.

Quote from: Jeffry Fontaine on June 28, 2009, 06:01:52 AM
Eddie, most impressive.  I am constantly amazed at what you can create from parts without the benefit of recreational pharmaceuticals ;^)

Thank you. to be honest, they are prescribed by a licensed doctor.
Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: Eddie M. on June 27, 2009, 08:50:37 PM
My partner in crime can chime in anytime he likes. :ph34r:

Hey man, I'm just watching and learning.  I'll be working on the revised cockpit today.  Keep the progress going, Eddie.   :thumbsup:

Eddie M.

This is turning into a swap-a-thon kinda build. Since I like the angles on the Raptor, just not where they are on the real jet, I've swapping angles about. With the help of donated parts, this might turn out to be a looker.;)

The wing without the flaps

with

Vertical stabs cut down for a less bulky appearance. These will become the elevons

One of the wings cut down with a F-16 leading edge added. More than likey to become the vertical stab(s)
Look behind you!

Rafael

I love how this one is taking shape, Eddie.

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

Eddie M.

Alright, it's back to business! I got the wings figured out for the most part. In addition to all the part that I've used, I've added the flaps off of a F-14 to give a big wing.

Look behind you!

cthulhu77

:wub:   Love the angle of attack !

John Howling Mouse

This is just insane.  In a truly great way.  I've got the revised cockpit ready to go but am wondering if I should just ship it and the forward F-5 fuselage to you instead?

Eddie M.

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on July 28, 2009, 06:39:35 PM
This is just insane.  In a truly great way.  I've got the revised cockpit ready to go but am wondering if I should just ship it and the forward F-5 fuselage to you instead?

That is probably going to be the best bet. My building time will be divided between this, a beautiful USS Midway F-4 that was given to me as a gift (;)), and a HH-65A w/a resin interior (to be displayed at work. We make the cartridges for it). Having those part will give me time to figure out the best way to join them up. ;D
Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: Eddie M. on July 28, 2009, 06:58:14 PM
Quote from: John Howling Mouse on July 28, 2009, 06:39:35 PM

That is probably going to be the best bet. My building time will be divided between this, a beautiful USS Midway F-4 that was given to me as a gift (;)), and a HH-65A w/a resin interior (to be displayed at work. We make the cartridges for it). Having those part will give me time to figure out the best way to join them up. ;D

Cool, I'll get it in the mail to you as soon as I can get to a P.O. during business hours.

Eddie M.

The forward fuselage from our Canadian friend arrived in good shape, so let the modifications begin. " Igor, hand me the brain..."

Look behind you!

Mossie

The Dream Lady is coming along fine Eddie! :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.