Main Menu

Dreamstar

Started by Eddie M., March 25, 2006, 02:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sotoolslinger

Eddie you should not be paying the ridiculous price for Miliput anyway. Go to Home Depot , look in the paint dept where the glues and stuff are and get Aqua-mend epoxy putty. It is the stuff I use to build up large areas. Whithin a couple of hours I will be applying some to the new project and will post some pics.
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Mossie

That's strange, it's pretty cheap over here, cheaper than most automotive fillers.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

sotoolslinger

See my thread here
http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php?topic=27709.msg418122;topicseen#new
I pay about 5 bucks a tube for this stuff at Home Depot. Miliput is around 13 dollars here.
I amuse me.

Mossie

Wow! :o  A 4oz pack will cost you around £2/$3 here.

Sorry Eddie, hi-jack over!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Eddie M.

Quote from: Mossie on March 21, 2010, 02:27:10 PM
Wow! :o  A 4oz pack will cost you around £2/$3 here.

Sorry Eddie, hi-jack over!

No worries. I need to know this stuff. We don't get much new from the outside here in Burton. ;)
Look behind you!

Mossie

Same here in the East Riding, strangers tempt us with tales of gold far off places, until we burn them.... :wacko:

Eddie M.

In between the VF-1 real world Tomcat, the F-15 SE and Super 'Sair, I have been working through the mental roadblock created by joining such different part together as I have with this creation. I finally sat back and thought, "How would Baz do this?" Then I remembered his advice of using thin strips of plastic to bridge curves and I was off to the races! I very much wanted to keep the sleek shape of the nose, so this is what I came up with ( my modeling is like a box of chocolates. You never know what yer gonna get... :lol:). For some reason, the nose looks like the beak of an Undertaker Bird. :blink: The finally piece to the puzzle has been dealt with and now I can start adding the wings and things. Here's where I am at today, which was a day off for me because my Boss pays us for our birthday at work. 3 day weekend for me!! :party:

Look behind you!

BlackOps

That Baz sure has a great bunch of tips to borrow from. Eddie I think you nailed it, that is one wicked cool looking nose section.  :thumbsup:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Mossie

Nose looks good Eddie!  Got to admit, I was wondering where you were going with for some time as the F-5 nose seemed at odds with the rest of the stealthy shape.  Needn't have worried!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Modelling_Mushi

That is looking very sharp, can't wit to see it finished.
Going to be finished in 2021 BEFORE I start any da*!#d new ones - CF-IDS Wolverine; Douglas Mawson; Bubba Wants a Fishin' Rig; NA F-100

Against the Wall - Maton Dreadnought; Fender Telecaster; Epiphone Les Paul Studio

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: Eddie M. on April 09, 2010, 06:11:30 PM
I finally sat back and thought, "How would Baz do this?"

Heh, heh, that's the first sign of insanity, my friend.   :blink:
Love what you've done with the nose, it certainly ends up complimenting the rest of the airframe nicely!

Oh, and Happy Birthday (yesterday)!!!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

sotoolslinger

Wow that is really cool :mellow:I can't wait to see the rest. :wub:
I amuse me.

Eddie M.

Thank y'all very much. This one problem has been bothering me for quite some time. Don't worry Baz, it's tomorrow. ;) Double deuce x2
Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: Eddie M. on April 10, 2010, 11:06:10 AM
Thank y'all very much. This one problem has been bothering me for quite some time. Don't worry Baz, it's tomorrow. ;) Double deuce x2

Yeah, I got my Facebook notification a bit early!  Have a great birthday, Eddie!

John Howling Mouse

Don't let this one fall off the radar, Eddie!   :wub: