Main Menu

Dreamstar

Started by Eddie M., March 25, 2006, 02:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pablo1965

Perhaps if applied to other parts, in a little zone other blue like the nose, it will be more convincing . :thumbsup: :cheers: :bow:

Mossie

Tone it down a bit with some light weathering.  Experimental birds can look lightly battered as they're constantly worked on, things tweaked, removed & replaced on a regular basis.  IIRC correctly (it's nearly two decades since I read it), the book mentions this about the Cheetah, it's starting to look a bit pitiful as it's been worked on constantly.  Maybe the Dreamstar is starting to head in this direction?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Eddie M.

Yep, it's pretty bad. Can't stand the look of it myself, so....... I'll actually go back to the book (Thank you Mossie  :cheers:) and read up on how it looked. That way I can say I've done some research.  :rolleyes: ;) ;D :cheers:
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

Sca-ry! I googled XF-34 Dreamstar and several photos of my models popped up.... :blink:
Look behind you!

jsport

New happiness progressing w/ the Dreamstar? :thumbsup:

Pablo1965

The same question. Next step?

Eddie M.

I had come up with a ferris scheme I like (the shades of blue are out of the plan), but had a problem with the paint application, so I had to sand it down again. Thank you guys for the reminder. It helps me put my mind back on task. I will make some kind of progress this week. :)
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

I finally found a paint scheme I can live with and give me hope for forward progress. ;D

Look behind you!

jsport

2 sey for this forum too sexy by far.... :bow: :thumbsup:

Pablo1965

Wow! Fearsome plane.  :thumbsup: :bow:

John Howling Mouse

That'll do nicely, Mr. Miller.  You're like Panasonic: "just slightly ahead of your time."  Can't wait for more on this one.   :thumbsup:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Eddie M.

Thank you very much Gentlemen! When I took the tape of the canopy, it almost came to life. I'm hoping to ride that inspiration to more progress so.;

Look behind you!

jsport

Pablo1965

this scheme is plausible and this plane is more aesthetically beautiful than the F-22 that lacks personality. :thumbsup: :bow: :bow:

Eddie M.

Quote from: jsport on August 23, 2011, 06:27:15 PM
howzdeDreamstar :smiley:

Waiting for some cooler weather. The heat in Texas has sapped the creativity right out of me. Plus, I spray paint outside and the paint is drying before it makes it to the model. That's hot! I guess I could work on the landing gear...
Look behind you!