Main Menu

Dreamstar

Started by Eddie M., March 25, 2006, 02:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie M.

Quote from: Pablo1965 on August 24, 2011, 03:26:51 AM
this scheme is plausible and this plane is more aesthetically beautiful than the F-22 that lacks personality. :thumbsup: :bow: :bow:

I thank you kind Sir!
Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: Eddie M. on August 30, 2011, 04:56:29 PM
Quote from: jsport on August 23, 2011, 06:27:15 PM
howzdeDreamstar :smiley:

Waiting for some cooler weather. The heat in Texas has sapped the creativity right out of me. Plus, I spray paint outside and the paint is drying before it makes it to the model. That's hot! I guess I could work on the landing gear...

And now wildfires to boot.  Sure hope you folks get some rain soon.
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

scooter

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on September 05, 2011, 07:12:21 PMAnd now wildfires to boot.  Sure hope you folks get some rain soon.

New York State, Northern New Jersey and Vermont got it all last weekend from Irene, John.

Stay safe, Eddie, and remember to do your rain dance. (Beaut Dreamstar too.  Lotsa character)
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Eddie M.

Thank you Baz and Scooter. I'm a bit bummed out because I just found out a friend lost their house in the big fire in Bastrop, TX. The fire moved very fast. Take a look at youtube under Bastrop Tx fire. You can't fight a fire like that unless you have air support....Here's one video. It's a bit long and no sound but it shows how fast the fire was moving, some air support and what people think is important to risk their lives for...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y-cr8-UUmA&feature=related
Look behind you!

NARSES2

Sorry to hear about your friends hous. The Texas fires have made the news here in the UK, look horrendous and the speed with which they are moving is terrifying
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Eddie M.

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 07, 2011, 12:59:03 AM
Sorry to hear about your friends hous. The Texas fires have made the news here in the UK, look horrendous and the speed with which they are moving is terrifying

Thank you very much. Things have quieted down some, but the fire danger continues....

I just had an idea that will move this project forward. It will definitely raise an eyebrow or two.....;D
Look behind you!

jsport

we want our eyesbrows raised.. :thumbsup: :bow:

Eddie M.

Quote from: jsport on October 07, 2011, 04:57:26 PM

Hopefully this will do it. I got the idea from seeing false canopies painted on the bottom of aircraft. Since Dreamstar is so large, I figured I'd paint the outline of a Harrier on the bottom. It needs touch ups, but the basic idea is there. The idea being that it might entice an aircraft to engage if the enemy were to see a Harrier instead of the monster Dreamstar. ;) ;D :cheers:

Look behind you!

RussC

Quote from: Eddie M. on October 22, 2011, 06:07:05 PM
Quote from: jsport on October 07, 2011, 04:57:26 PM

Hopefully this will do it. I got the idea from seeing false canopies painted on the bottom of aircraft. Since Dreamstar is so large, I figured I'd paint the outline of a Harrier on the bottom. It needs touch ups, but the basic idea is there. The idea being that it might entice an aircraft to engage if the enemy were to see a Harrier instead of the monster Dreamstar. ;) ;D :cheers:

Great idea. I still see some undersides with canopies there. This also reminds me a bit of the late war Japanese CV's with battleships and cruisers painted on their flight decks, i.e. Zuiho.

Wonder if it would be interesting on larger quiet engine UAV's to paint a vulture or large bird there on the bottom.

Read this about p-38 drivers being seen from longer distances and identified, and the opponents refusing to engage.
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

jsport

tanktastic43

Great idea.  :thumbsup:

tt43.

Pablo1965

Yes, agreed, a very nice scheme. :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

coolpop6307

Are you done with this magnificent beast?       :unsure:
"I am a tangerine, and no one can see me"
"Your despicable!!"
"EHHHH Whats up doc?"