the first Russian jet fighter?

Started by Martin H, March 26, 2006, 11:46:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin H

this is based on the first 3 view drawing in the Soviet secret projects-fighters book.

The Gudkov VRD was put forward as a quick way to get a jet powered fighter into service, by useing an exsisting airframe.
in this case a Lagg 3.

Base kit is the Emhar Lagg 3 mated to the nose unit from a PM yak-15. and a lot of filler.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Brian da Basher

Niiiiiceee Martin! I really like early jet fighters and I love how you've put this one together! It looks every bit the early Soviet blowtorch.

Nice work on that camo too!

Brian da Basher

Tophe

Great Martin! :wub:
As I have been much inspired by your Twin-boom Whirlwind, I may also be inspired by your Lavochkin-Yak15 mix (for a jet-Mustang). In 2007 maybe. Thanks for this dream...
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

The Rat

You're on a bit of a spurt, eh Martin?

Can we request that it continue? It's certainly worth it!  :wub:  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

K5054NZ

Mart, I just love this little Lavochkin! So pretty! I'd love to do a Spitfire version.

Fantastic stuff, and I second the requests for a continued spurt! GO FORTH AND MODELIFY!

NARSES2

You had another weekend locked in the atic Martin  :P

Nice one
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Martin H

QuoteMart, I just love this little Lavochkin! So pretty! I'd love to do a Spitfire version.
To late Zak, i did one years ago lol
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.