Warhammer dudes!

Started by The Rat, March 26, 2006, 01:35:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rat

Derek's really got into this Warhammer stuff (translation - my bank balance is shrinking faster), but when I look at how well he's detailing for a 10 year-old I think he should be doing my pilot figures for me. I'll just let him have my 000 brush and leave him to it!

Group shot

Detail
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Brian da Basher

Your son is very talented indeed Mr Rat-San! Definately a chip off the old block!

Brian da Basher

Captain Canada

Wow....is that ever nice ! He sure is doing an awesome job......tell him congrats ! Kicking his old man's butt, I'd say. Just wait till he starts stealing your fishing lures and stuff to make new and improved weaponry !

So....what do you want to trade for my Warhammer stuff ? How much do those kits go for ? Don't think I've ever seen them in shops. Maybe in the comic stores ?

:cheers:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Ollie

Way cool!

Although the guns are 2 scale centimeters too long...

;)  :P  :wub:  :cheers:  :cheers:  

John Howling Mouse

Holy cow, can't imagine comparing to that when I was ten.  Tell him we're all mighty impressed!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

The Rat

Just hauled Derek out of bed to read your kind words guys, thanks a lot!

And Toad, he says 'what are the dudes in the boxes you have?' That way he'll know what he owes you.  ;)

(I told him he can't buy you beer)
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

philp

Rat, here is a little inspiration for him by one of the guys in my club

I think you have a very talented kid there.  Make sure he keeps it up.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

CanisD

Very nice Long Fangs pack! Russ would be pleased. :D
"If you want to have dinner with the Devil, make sure to bring a long spoon!"
Wolf's Shipyard
Wolf's Shipyard Forum

John Howling Mouse

Just back from LHS where I nearly walked right into a shelf filled with Warhammer boxes.

The figure sets alone were $54 Cdn!!!

Aiyeeeeeeeeee!!!   :unsure:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

CanisD

Yup, they've pretty much priced me out of any new purchases but my Space Wolves are finished so its not too big of a deal though I was thinking of expanding my Tyranids before I started funding my eye doctor's children's college education. While the individual miniature costs aren't terribly beyond other games, you need a bunch of them to make effective armies, especially for a "horde" army like the bugs.  
"If you want to have dinner with the Devil, make sure to bring a long spoon!"
Wolf's Shipyard
Wolf's Shipyard Forum

The Rat

QuoteJust back from LHS where I nearly walked right into a shelf filled with Warhammer boxes.

The figure sets alone were $54 Cdn!!!

Aiyeeeeeeeeee!!!   :unsure:
:o  WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT???

Great idea, get the kids into a hobby, yeah, that's it, keep 'em off drugs, sure...

YOU COULD STAY STONED ON POT FOR A WEEK FOR LESS THAN THAT!  :wacko:

Now I know where my beer money has been going.  <_<  

Monica bought him the stuff he has now, and I wasn't looking at prices the other day at Games Workshop, but I will be from now on!

philp

Come on, you get a whole squad of Marines for about the price of one TSR
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Captain Canada

Ratman,
   Tell little Davey Jr. I've got :

Space Marine Scouts
Space marine Combat Squad
Space Marine Assault Squad
and
Blood Angels Death Company

And I won't be chopping off his wee arms and legs either !

:cheers:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

The Rat

I'll pass that info along, at which time he'll be dancing and pumping his fist in the air while I'm saying "I have no idea what he's talking about..."  :huh:  ^_^

Son of Damian

I have always been interested in getting into figure modeling, especially after I keep seeing these little futureistic/Sci-Fi figures and tanks that some body keeps bringing to the local model compitetions. I would like to do some cool/weird diorams like the one below. My only problem is that I haven't been able to figure out there name or where to get them. I Don't know if they are 'Warhammer' but can anybody tell me where you can find that kind of stuff??? :huh:  :huh:  :huh:

Pretty cool isn't it!!! How many soldiers do you see???

"They stand in the unbroken line of patriots who have dared to die that freedom might live, and grow, and increase its blessings. Freedom lives, and through it, they live–
in a way that humbles the undertakings of most men."

- Franklin D. Roosevelt