MiG 1.75 Superiority Fighter

Started by BlackOps, March 26, 2006, 10:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackOps

Here is another one of those "Don't know what I was thinking" but when the urge hits ya go with it kind of things.

The MiG 1.75 superiority fighter started out as a 1/350 Trumpeter MiG 29K. I was playing around with some bits and pieces and this is how it ended up. I'm not really sure something so small should take an hour and a half to build!

The canopy it partially white because the white glue hasn't dried yet. Let me tell you painting the landing gear and applying the decals was interesting.

Oh, I almost forgot...the name MiG 1.75 came from it's size..1.75 inches long ;)

Jeff G.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

K5054NZ

:o  :o  :o  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Jeff, you're a madman. But WOW! I really, really need to get me some of this 1:350 Trump stuff!

Me like long time! :wub:  

GTX

Jeff,

Are you mad man?!!  Applying detailed camo paint scheme on something that small is asking for trouble.  I assume the instructions were written on a single grain of rice by a mad monk?

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

The Rat

I thought I knew tiny, but I'm moving over.  ;)  :wub:

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Brian da Basher

Holy microscopic MiGs, Batman! That one is truly wonderful Jeff! An impressive display of skill in such a small scale! Only an hour and a half to build? Wow very speedy too! Great job on the camo and decals! I assume you used one of those "single hair" paint brushes to get the camo looking so sharp? Incredible!

Brian da Basher

John Howling Mouse

Just when you think you've seen it all.  Wow.  Can't even imagination working that small.

Dare you to build three more and pose them in four-element formation.

Dare you!    :P  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

lancer

Speachless. Fantastic detail and a hell of a paint job
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

BlackOps

Barry, are you crazy?!?!  I had a heck of a time with this one, can't imagine making more...I wonder if I could con Eddie into making ordinance for this? ;)

Although now I'm tempted to try some 1/700 scale whifs  :wacko:

Jeff G.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

proditor

It's easier than you'd think actually....

Nifty MiG  :)

Eddie M.

QuoteBarry, are you crazy?!?!  I had a heck of a time with this one, can't imagine making more...I wonder if I could con Eddie into making ordinance for this? ;)

Although now I'm tempted to try some 1/700 scale whifs  :wacko:

Jeff G.
Beautiful work! I love that paint job! Since I work under a microscope some of the time, I wiil see what is doable, but I'll get you something.  :)  As far as the 1/700, you got me thinking about what I can do with a few Japanese planes I have in that scale. ;)
   Eddie
Look behind you!

noxioux

Jeff, you are certifiable.  You gotta have some seriously big stones and tiny, tiny fingers to do that.  It's a beauty.

Now all it needs is a dozen or so clones, and a 1/350 Keiv under them!