Main Menu

USMC FV-9

Started by Damian2, March 27, 2006, 12:28:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damian2

Hi All!

This is going to be my second entry into the Airfix GB its all in the mock up stage at the moment and I'm concentrating on building this and taking a break from the Hawk after the whole wing thing...

I'm addind parts from both the Hasegawa AV-8B II+ and the Monogram AV-8B as you can see :D

Mock up 1:

Mock up 2:

Mock up 3:

This is the FV-9, or other designation if you can think of a better one! A USMC A2A dedicated Harrier to cover the AV-8Bs with Aim-9s and AMRAAMS but here she shows her versatility with a pair of AGM-65s and the GAU-12/U gon pod installed for a little A2G action...

I'm still undecided on the camo scheme she'll be wearing, USMC Euro-1, early greys or AV-8B II+ greys...

HELP ME!!!!
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

John Howling Mouse

Is very intriguing.  I know nothing about the optional load-outs but others here will comment.  But I do love the humps and bumps, even if I don't know what they are.

Now, when are you going to take out that stock wedding photo that came in your frame?
(no one looks that good in "regular" real life).

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

anthonyp

Looks intriguing.  Will it have outrigger gear on the wings?  As for a designation, why not just go with F/AV-8F or something?
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Damian2

QuoteIs very intriguing.  I know nothing about the optional load-outs but others here will comment.  But I do love the humps and bumps, even if I don't know what they are.

Now, when are you going to take out that stock wedding photo that came in your frame?
What can I say I'm a hunk...

Shasper

Dude, why not add the AV-8B wing? Wingtip missile rails anyone? whatabout the 2 tone grey worn during Desert storm 1?

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Damian2

QuoteDude, why not add the AV-8B wing? Wingtip missile rails anyone? whatabout the 2 tone grey worn during Desert storm 1?

Shas B)

I'm trying to keep the build as OOB as possible for my own sanity :D... I think the DS 1 camo would look cool OR I was thinking a winter deployment to Canada for cold weather training with temporary winter camo with the real pain showing through and chips 'n dirt...

ps. another more advanced version will be built using more of the AV-8B components in the future (ya know, sometime before I die)

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: Damian2,Mar 28 2006, 09:28 PMNow, when are you going to take out that stock wedding photo that came in your frame?

What can I say I'm a hunk... [/QUOTE]
Ha!  The Better Half ain't no chopped liver either!  Gorgeous!   :wub:

Love the temporary winter camo scheme idea.  Would be fun and relatively easy to pull off, too.  Go for it.
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

elmayerle

QuoteDude, why not add the AV-8B wing? Wingtip missile rails anyone? whatabout the 2 tone grey worn during Desert storm 1?

Shas B)

I'm trying to keep the build as OOB as possible for my own sanity :D... I think the DS 1 camo would look cool OR I was thinking a winter deployment to Canada for cold weather training with temporary winter camo with the real pain showing through and chips 'n dirt...

ps. another more advanced version will be built using more of the AV-8B components in the future (ya know, sometime before I die)
The wingtip missile rail installation isn't that difficult, though there are some things to watch.  I've a couple pics if you, or anyone else, is interested.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

elmayerle

Shas B)

The wingtip missile rail installation isn't that difficult, though there are some things to watch.  I've a couple pics if you, or anyone else, is interested.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

wolfik

Harrier is anytime a good looking kit  :cheers:
good work!

Damian2

Hi elmayerle!

Dropped you a pm about the Harrier info :D

Before I forget does anyone know where I can find cockpit pics for the FA.2??

Ciao
Damian

Damian2

A little more done today :) Just trying to spice up the cockpit a bit and I'm trying to excercise scratch building skills too. Made a little map holder on the one side just to see if I could :)

The seat to be used for the build is an SJU-9 (MB X) from the F/A-18A, had to make the seat American and it was the only USMCish one I had :D I think its going to look smashing once done up and in the 'pit!

As always please feel free to comment!

Damian2

A little progress...

A mock up of the nose, underside FLIR and topside IRTS system for A2A...

Full mock-up with gun pod, gasbag and a Walleye (just tinkering with the loadout)

The cockpit, I used the decals...couldn't be bothered with etch and stuff for a quick build :D

A look at my scratchbuilding skills, a little map holder that you can't see when the pilot is in...doh! BUT I know its there!!

Ollie

Wicked plane you're building there Damian!

:wub:  :wub:  

GTX

Damian,

Quotea little map holder that you can't see when the pilot is in...doh! BUT I know its there!!

Me sense a case of the dreaded JMN coming on!

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!