Everything you always wanted to ask...

Started by John Howling Mouse, March 29, 2006, 05:40:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

QuoteWhat is Trafalgar?
It should be a national holiday :)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

lancer

QuoteWhat is Trafalgar?
It should be a national holiday :)
Too bloody right it should be.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

gooberliberation

Make it international. I could always use another excuse to not go to school or work :cheers:  
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

Archibald

French defeat. A humorist ironised about the way the British have to do the simple things complicated (RAF was the only air force to mount missiles ABOVE the wings :P )
"In france, we  name our monuments after military victories. (Austerlitz railway station). But in GB,  they name their monument after defeats  (Trafalgar square)

:rolleyes:  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

nev

Correction, we name our monuments after French defeats ;)  :P  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Archibald

King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

lancer

Waterloo station is another one I can think of.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Eddie M.

Why isn't an air and space museum be  e..m..p..t..y...  :ph34r:  ;)  :lol:
   Eddie  
Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

Is there really anything truly "French" about "French Fries"?

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Shasper

Why do JMNs have no since of humor (or a life, for that matter)?

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Leigh

What is this thing? Found it in my spares box and may have a use for it, is it a Recce/Electronics pod or a fuel tank? Sidewinder for size comparison.

And we should really pin this thread it's a great place for those quick questions that don't really need their own thread.

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

Shasper

That would be a rather poor representation of a TARPS recce pod off the F-14.

Shas B)
- Bud S.

Leigh

Kewl, thanks. then it will be going on my rather poor representation of an F-14.

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

AeroplaneDriver

Here's a fun one to ask on Hyperscale:

"Is there a difference between a FW190 and an Me109?"

:D

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Shasper

Questions for the JMNs:

" What the diff. between a Me-109E4 and E5?"
"Diff between a FW-190A7 and A8"

(Shas Sr would kill me if he knew I was asking, as he's one of the 'know it alls' on luft stuff).

Shas B)
- Bud S.