Everything you always wanted to ask...

Started by John Howling Mouse, March 29, 2006, 05:40:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shasper

Whats the difference between the RAF & USAF Reserve sqns?

Better yet, besides the whole *state* thing, whats the diff between the Guard and Reserves?

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

rallymodeller

QuoteWhats the difference between the RAF & USAF Reserve sqns?

Better yet, besides the whole *state* thing, whats the diff between the Guard and Reserves?

Shas B)
National Guard units are nominally under state control -- that is to say that the Michigan Air Guard (for example) reports to the Governor as well as the DoD and the President. In times of state crisis the governor of a state can call up NG troops without recourse to calling on the federal gov't. The price of this is that the state governments provide some of the funding for NG troops. Reserve units (AFRES) are more akin to traditional reserve militias in that they are directly responsible to the Pentagon. However, the Pentagon can "federalize" either element by act of Congress therby making them part of the regular US military force structure.

At least that's the way I understand it...
--Jeremy

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...

More into Flight Sim reskinning these days, but still what-iffing... Leading Edge 3D

Lord Darth Beavis

If a dog-and-ahalf can dig a hole-and-a-half in a day-and-a-half, how long would it take a grasshopper with a wooden leg to kick all the seeds out of a dill pickle? :lol:

Okay, seriously, WHY, IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT'S (UN)HOLY do most common people appear to have more sense than the average "expert?"  For that matter, WHY DO WE KEEP ELECTING MORONS AND CROOKS TO OFFICE? <_<

Why do nitwits like Robert Macnamara and Donald Rumsfeld get put in charge of the military, and totally frak it up? :o

Why do I love my country, but fear my government? <_<

Why doe the US Gummint spend $1,000,000,000 a month in Iraq, but squabbles over every penny spent to restore the city of New Orleans? :angry:

That's enough for now... :unsure:  
3 Time National Champions: 1958, 2003, 2007

2 BCS Championships: 2003, 2007

How many BCS trophies in your trophy room, USC?

Geaux Tigers!

jcf

QuoteWHY DO WE KEEP ELECTING MORONS AND CROOKS TO OFFICE? <_<
A people get the Government they deserve?
:dum:  :dum:  :dum:

Cheers, Jon

Shasper

Ralley, when I said the whole *State* thing, I was talking about the guard being under control of the state govenors & all that goes with it. I was just curious as to what else was different (seeing as a few ANG units were/are charged w/ NORAD, instead of what would be more normal by using active duty units).

Shas B)
- Bud S.

Leigh

QuoteFor that matter, WHY DO WE KEEP ELECTING MORONS AND CROOKS TO OFFICE? <_<

Because the best and the brightest go into the private sector.

I invite all and any criticism, except about Eric The Dog, it's not his fault he's stupid

Leigh's Models

rallymodeller

QuoteFor that matter, WHY DO WE KEEP ELECTING MORONS AND CROOKS TO OFFICE? <_<

Because the best and the brightest go into the private sector.
Because anyone who wants to go into politics is almost by definition a leech and a cheat. Feeding at the public trough and all that.

This public service announcement brought to you by your friendly neighbourhood Libertarian.
--Jeremy

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...

More into Flight Sim reskinning these days, but still what-iffing... Leading Edge 3D

Runway ? ...

QuoteWHY DO WE KEEP ELECTING MORONS AND CROOKS TO OFFICE? 

Because he who lies best wins  :D  It works everywhere. Everybody must work with at least one A** licking idiot who for some inexplicable reason not only keeps his job but keeps getting promoted. Flip! history is full of the suckers  :wacko:

:)  

Shasper

Ok guys, lets not get the almighty Thor's silk panties knotted up (again <_< ).

Is it me, or do you need certaint qualifications to pull off the look w/blond hair? I saw a pic of Tasha when she was younger w/ blond, and I told her that it didnt look that hot, so we agreed that blond was out.

Shas  B)
- Bud S.

cthulhu77

I've always liked blondes, but all my serious relationships were with brunettes (including my current wife).
 go figure.

Help, help, I'm being repressed!

B777LR

One of the questions that can keep me awake at night:

How do you pronounce cthulhu?

elmayerle

QuoteOne of the questions that can keep me awake at night:

How do you pronounce cthulhu?
Very carefully.  The Elder Gods got annoyed as mis-pronounciations.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Archibald

Good one, elmayerle! Remind me the story of "the dog without legs"  :lol:

QuoteHow do you pronounce cthulhu?
(try to imagine the result in french... quetu hu luu ...
and what does it mean (or what is it ?)  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

seavixen

Why am I so damn excited about Genesis reforming?

More importantly will they play Supper's Ready again?  :P  
Stackridge: Rhubarb Thrashers of the World Unite

elmayerle

QuoteGood one, elmayerle! Remind me the story of "the dog without legs"  :lol:

QuoteHow do you pronounce cthulhu?
(try to imagine the result in french... quetu hu luu ...
and what does it mean (or what is it ?)
Cthulhu = one of the elder gods from a mythos originally created by H. P. Lovecraft, a US horrific fantasy author from the 20s and 30s, though some of his work could be described as horrific sf.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin