RAF F-16 E & F

Started by MartG, April 01, 2006, 12:07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartG

RAF F-16E & F. Two seat F model operated in the SEAD role, armed with 4 ALARM missiles. The E version is armed with older generation Standard and Shrike missiles - not much use against modern radars but with a little reprogramming ideal for disrupting communications within a country by homing on and destroying mobile phone masts and satellite uplink stations :) . Wider backstory is here http://www.whatifmodelers.com/forum//index...?showtopic=9110

Both built using the Monogram 1/72 F-16XL kit, with the 2 seat cockpit from the Airfix kit used to make the 2 seater version.

Murphy's 1st Law - An object at rest will be in the wrong place
Murphy's 2nd Law - An object in motion will be going in the wrong direction
Murphy's 3rd Law - For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction

Ollie

Briiiiiiiilliaaaaaaaaaaaan!

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  

lancer

As much as I hate the F16, I want to say that those are impressive as hell.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

John Howling Mouse

Beautiful and made all the more realistic with the two flying in formation and one of them being a two-seater.

These would look sooooo sharp patrolling together.

Man, you done good!   :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

AeroplaneDriver

Hmmm...for some reason the combination of these models, those weapons and the camouflage screams one thing to me:

The '92 coup in Russia was a success for the Communists.  Democracy died in the crib in Russia, and by 94 the west was rushing  to reequip to ward off a new, and in some ways emboldened Soviet foe.

I can just see these two superb F-16s patrolling the frontier, down low in crappy western european winter weather, waiting for the day when Ivan makes his move...

Great models. Very inspiring!

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Brian da Basher

Woah those are awesome MartG! I'm no fan of F-15s myself (air-superiority gray-boor-ring) but these two are real works of art! I don't think I've ever seen nicer canopies. The camo and Brit markings are the cherry on top! Excellent!

Brian da Basher

gooberliberation

:wub: Not one but TWO masterpieces?? Rock on!
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

Captain Canada

very nice !

i'd like to see some pics on a nicer base, tho, as they look so real
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

dragon

Oddly enough they look plausible in RAF markings, as compared to the prototype markings that probably came in the box.   B)  
"As long as people are going to call you a lunatic anyway, why not get the benefits of it?  It liberates you from convention."- from the novel WICKED by Gregory Maguire.

"I must really be crazy to be in a looney bin like this" - Jack Nicholson in the movie ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST

Sisko

Bloddy nice job!!!! :wub:

What is the kit like? Monogram can sometimes be a bit hit and miss.

Have to go and prowl around for one to do in RAAF markings!
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

BlackOps

Nicely done!  I've always liked this version of the F-16, and now even more!

They look great in RAF colors.

I have one but haven't decided what kind of paint to give her, leaning towards a desert scheme.

Jeff G.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

anthonyp

Very cool!!  I really like seeing both Shrikes and Standard ARMs on a plane   :wub:

I built one of these kits last year, and it was pretty basic.  Not too many pieces, went together pretty good.

:cheers:  :cheers:  
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Maverick

As Goldmember would say 'Very Sexual, Very Toit'!!!!

I'll have to dig out my 2 hole VF-84 F-16 and take a pic.. not nearly as nice as those tho.

Tophe

Your F-16 couple made me dream of a nice twin-F-16, thanks Mart :lol:
(see http://www.whatifmodelers.com/forum//index...=0&#entry130867 )
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]