T

As-yet unnamed F-15 variation

Started by The Cat a.k.a Meowbag, April 10, 2006, 04:11:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Cat a.k.a Meowbag

Afternoon all ...

Thought I'd share this

With you all.

So you can help me decide on wether to do my exhausts Mig-37 style ...

Or F-15 style ...

Or I could even potentially fit some F-101 exhausts to it! :lol:

Yep, I'm aware of how shoddy it looks at the moment, but the idea is there, right? :unsure:

The Cat.

Hobbes

I'd go with rectangular exhausts, MiG-37 or otherwise.  

The Cat a.k.a Meowbag

I don't have any plasticard or any money, so if I do rectangular exhausts it's gonna be those Mig ones.

butchered a bit, naturally. i.e. so they look like they're meant to be there. :lol:

The Cat a.k.a Meowbag

I know double-posting in your own thread is bad etiquette, so apologies, but if anyone fancies doing me a back story for my new and improved '15, that'd be cool  B)

I'd do it myself but my imagination isn't great. :lol: Just gives you guys a chance to stretch reality a bit, being as I know that's what you enjoy. :)

The Cat.

Edit: Click the pics, btw. They get big.  :dum:  :lol:  

elmayerle

If you can get some F-15 nozzles with the "turkey feathers", there's a nice touch you can do, combining AVEN (Axisymmetric Vectoring Exhaust Nozzle) and LOAN (Low-Observable Axisymmetric Nozzle) technology to upgrade the F-15's engine fit.  From a practical standpoint, all that's needed is some file work to put the ncessary trim on the individual "feathers"; a fancier approach with add in a bit to show the nozzles vectored.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

The Cat a.k.a Meowbag

Nothing's attached properly yet, but this'll give you a good idea of where I'm going with it.

Hope people look at this ... I seem to be pretty bypassed by a lot of you guys. *cries* :lol:

Once again, click the l'il pic. I'm sure you all know that, right? :)

The Cat.

B777LR

You took my idea of adding canards!  

Eddie M.

QuoteNothing's attached properly yet, but this'll give you a good idea of where I'm going with it.

Hope people look at this ... I seem to be pretty bypassed by a lot of you guys. *cries* :lol:

Once again, click the l'il pic. I'm sure you all know that, right? :)

The Cat.
I haven't by passed you, I've just been giving it some thought. ;) I've been thinking of what I can suggest with the resources available. One idea that came to mind is if you have any drop tanks, to split them in half and use them as conformal tanks wherever you like. :) You could turn your winglets up, or even forward. One more. Take a plug out the fuselage behind the cockpit and move the 'pit back, a la A-12 style. Hope you can use some of this, or even better, as an inspiration to move off into some uncharted territory! :ar:  :party:
    Eddie
Look behind you!

The Cat a.k.a Meowbag

QuoteYou took my idea of adding canards!

Yup, it works well, and I'm open to ideas. :)

Can't see myself shifting the 'pit at all, after all this is my first whif for many a year and I don't wanna get too complex too soon :)

I'll update this pretty soon; Hope you guys are keeping an eye on the relative n00b's progress :)

The Cat.

The Rat

QuoteI don't have any plasticard or any money, ...
Then just cut up your credit cards. I think regular glue or CA works on them.  :lol:

Keep the pics coming!  ;)  
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

The Cat a.k.a Meowbag

my tax rebate cheque cleared .... £73 on tools/models in a day and a half. Oops. :lol:

Still, at least I'll have some plasticard. Heh.

I'll list what I've treated myself too if you'd like. :D

The Cat

lancer

QuoteI'll list what I've treated myself too if you'd like. :D

We always do Cat.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

The Cat a.k.a Meowbag

OK, I've either got in my posession or ordered off t'interweb in the last couple of days ...

TSR-2
1/72 Airfix P-38
Revell Plasto putty
reverse-action flat-nosed tweezers
Set of drill bits, 0.3-1.6mm
Pin vice
Cutting mat
Scalpel & blades
Grey primer
Safety goggles
bottle of Klear
20 pipettes
30 35mm film canisters
12 sheets of varying thickness A4 plasticard
bottle of Mattcote
Humbrol 27001 metalcote
12 tubes of superglue

Possibly shouldn't have bought so much, but I needed it all! (apart from the TSR-2. :lol:)

B777LR

Quote1/72 Airfix P-38
Do a single tail P38!

The Cat a.k.a Meowbag

No, I love the P-38 and I've never made one before, so it's going to be real. Although probably not with a historically accurate paint job, as I like the bare-metal finishes but the Airfix kit doesn't include decals for that particular scheme.

So what, eh? :lol:

The Cat